Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Aces Wild

Aces Wild

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Post August 15th, 2013, 8:51 pm

Game: Aces Wild
Platform: PC
Developer: Tyler Doak

I don't know why, but ever since Double Dragon, I've had a strange fascination with 2D brawlers. Word on the street is that this one is crazy hard, but hey, I think it deserves attention.

Post September 4th, 2013, 12:49 pm

+1
I'd love to see this on IGS. It's barely getting any attention. Not even RPS has written about it

Just check out that trailer
phpBB [video]

Indie Statik impressions
Another excellent review
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post December 8th, 2013, 12:42 am

Over 400 games Greenlit since this thread was made and still Aces Wild isn't one of them. Not cool. This game is fun, definitely deserves a spot on Steam. Hope it gets featured here, would probably help its chances on Greenlight
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post January 31st, 2014, 6:03 pm

Now on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/269230

I've seen Aces Wild called a "bullet hell beat-em-up" and I think the phrase describes the game perfectly. Take the overwhelming number of enemies, the wild visual overload, the insane pace of a bullet hell SHUMP and combine that with over-the-top Dragonball Z-style combat and you get Aces Wild.

The combat in Aces Wild requires one to walk a fine line between craziness and caution. Attacking enemies builds up your Wild meter which allows you to charge up your destructive, enemy-pinballing super attacks or perform a space clearing move that heals you, but the more Wild you have, the more powerful enemies become. So combat becomes a very satisfying mix of punching enemies across the screen and dodging and evading attacks while strategically utlizing your Wild at the best times.

Best played with a gamepad, Aces Wild is a visual treat. Enemies and mini-bosses attack from all sides. Debris flies across the screen. Combos leave you aerial for minutes at a time while missles and projectiles track you and colorful impact effects blind you. The game is a great stress reliever but remains a challenge throughout. With three characters to choose from (each with their own style), a boss rush, arcade mode, and local co-op for double the chaos, Aces Wild has enough content to last hours.

Return to Game Suggestions