Board index Gaming Indie Games New Co-op Dungeon Crawler with Physics Based Combat

New Co-op Dungeon Crawler with Physics Based Combat

Talk about all things indie gaming here

I'm Sam, I'm a 2d artist/animator wanting to share a game that I've been working on called Kraden's Crypt:

As stated in the title our game will feature a physics based combat system that aims to get away from repetitive click to kill combat and give the players more timing and control of their attacks. here is a sneak preview of what we're working towards:

phpBB [video]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bo41POtoxP0

Game Summary:

You’ve been the last to be banished and sealed into the Kraden’s Crypt, You must make your way into the very depths where Kraden himself resides, but many dangers await! Fight alone or with friends with the physics based battle system, where you control every hurl of your spell, every swing of your weapon or every pluck of your bow. Mix and match equipment and weapons to determine your class and play style. Fight Epic bosses, hordes of enemies and why not celebrate your victories in the tavern rooms with a few friendly crypt creatures? You may meet new characters that tell the story of the Crypt from many different perspectives. Never play the same game twice with our randomly generated Crypt that can catch you off guard through any given door!

Planned Features:

Online Multiplayer co-op,

Couch Multiplayer co-op,

Random dungeon layouts – The crypt will randomly generate room order to keep you on your toes.

Hand crafted rooms – Each of the many rooms with be designed carefully and finely tuned to the game’s mechanics.

Epic Boss Fights – We love boss fights and we want to make our bosses memorable exciting and maybe haunt your dreams!

Lots of enemies
– Fight off a vast array of wacky and wonderful creatures that lurk in the crypt.

Player determined classes – There are no set classes in KC to choose from, rather players can mix and max equipment to their liking.

Physics based combat – You determine how your character fights.

We're about 4 months into development, so if you're interested in playing the game, keep an eye out for an early alpha release around January/February. In the mean time check out our development on our Youtube channel and website: http://www.kradenscrypt.com

Thanks for reading, happy posting! :D

Looks like it is coming along. I like the animation and the sandwich boss is pretty cool looking.

Thanks :) That means allot coming from the great Samurai Yo Jimbo :P

RSS'ing you to see about the demo when it comes out.

Looks oddly refreshing even if the intro to the trailer seems to drag on and on :s

(Recall that breakfast.. must've been through BiaB a while ago...)

Return to Indie Games