Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions TowerClimb

TowerClimb

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game featured on IGS?

Yes
87%
No
9%
Unsure
4%

Total votes : 23

Post May 2nd, 2013, 9:45 pm

Game: TowerClimb

"in one brief morning play session, TowerClimb has provided more memorable moments than some games provide after days of dedicated play." - (Rock Paper Shotgun)

Developer: Davioware
Steam Greenlight

From the Greenlight page:
"TowerClimb is a difficult and rewarding procedurally generated platformer.

The game borrows elements from the roguelike genre. If you die, you stay dead.

Every time you start a new game, you are a different man. You will never play the same level twice.

The game is difficult, but rewards patience, skill, and most importantly, problem solving ability.

Quite often, The game throws your character into dangerous situations which require you to think very carefully about your actions. If you die, It's most likely the result of breaking under the pressure, making a foolish decision in the spur of the moment, or making a foolish decision in the past (wasting resources).

The game involves a certain degree of resource management. Waste your blessings and you will perish. "

Why I suggest it:
I've had this for awhile and have had a good amount of fun with it. I actually assumed that it had already been suggested, which is why I am just now doing so. I haven't been playing much recently, but when I do, it tends too suck a lot of time out of me. Apparently a new update should be out soon, and work on chapter two is in progress. I also believe I read something in the forums about multiplayer being added.

You can get it for now $5 from the dev's site, but it will apparently go up to $10 at some point.
"Bigfoot is blurry..."

Post May 2nd, 2013, 10:25 pm

delicious. Wake-like objective, yummy graphics and some neat mechanics.

Post May 3rd, 2013, 9:45 am

Sold on the visuals. +1

Post May 3rd, 2013, 5:22 pm

I've been following this one for awhile, bookmarked check for updates every so ofter. However I haven't bought it yet for whatever reason. Voted yes. May purchase it soon myself however.

Post May 8th, 2013, 1:44 pm

I'm glad people seem to be interested in this game. I feel that it's definitely worth the $5 that is currently being asked, but I would love to see the game here. I'll reach out to the dev soon if no one else already has.

Cool little feature about this game: It has a graph that shows you how far up you had made it prior to each of your deaths. It seems to give me that little extra push to play "just one more game" after nearly every game, in a typically futile attempt to reach a new high.

Anyway... Was just browsing the TowerClimb forums and on May 6th, Davioware posted this in response to questions about a timetable for updates:
"I'm going to try to have 1.2 out soon. I would like to say chapter 2 as well by this summer, but it probably won't be ready."
"Bigfoot is blurry..."

Post August 7th, 2013, 4:18 pm

Giving this a bump.Was on my normal playlist,but time has a way of making you forget. I Played ver1.2 yesterday & Had a lot of fun with it, wondering if IGS has spoken to the dev.

Post August 7th, 2013, 4:36 pm

I missed this one, thanks for the bump. Do please feature it.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post August 8th, 2013, 12:17 am

This looks really cool. Would be a great game for IGS
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post September 5th, 2013, 12:07 am

Bumping again. Deserves more attention. And because I don't have Paypal. So IGS ftw!
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post September 5th, 2013, 6:57 am

voted on no.
it will get featured sooner or later anyways ;)

On a side note- really getting fed up with platformers+puzzles and pixel graphic from the 80's/90's :P

Post September 6th, 2013, 1:42 am

Turns out Paypal has alternate pay options so I got Towerclimb

And damn, Tower Climb is awesome. Tough platforming, challenging but never unfair, gorgeous pixel art style. You have to be cautious and smart to survive. It's a precision platformer but not crazy fast like Super Meat Boy. More subdued and slow paced, mithout planning out your route and using your few tools in the best ways to take out enemies and help you climb ever higher. I love it

Post October 16th, 2013, 7:03 pm

Would love to see this featured in an IGS deal 8-)

Post October 16th, 2013, 11:10 pm

pysiu wrote:
voted on no.
it will get featured sooner or later anyways ;)

On a side note- really getting fed up with platformers+puzzles and pixel graphic from the 80's/90's :P

I would love this game, but I feel the same way about the trend getting really old and possible lazy.

Post October 17th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Tried contacting Davioware through their forum - but never heard back. Anybody have an email?

Post October 17th, 2013, 4:09 pm

mgnade wrote:
Tried contacting Davioware through their forum - but never heard back. Anybody have an email?

Couldn't find an email, but there's a Twitter page: https://twitter.com/Davioware

Post October 18th, 2013, 2:37 am

Post December 4th, 2013, 5:30 pm

Just got greenlit

Post December 4th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Shad0WeN wrote:
Just got greenlit

For the second time, apparently!

Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Return to Game Suggestions