Board index Gaming Indie Games Black Friday Sales

Black Friday Sales

Talk about all things indie gaming here

Post November 29th, 2013, 11:27 am

Just wanted to mention, that GOG and ShinyLoot now having pretty impressive sales. For example Obludia, Memories of a Vagabond and some other games. As always a lot of them dont have additional keys, but still...
BTW, shame IGS not following.

Post November 29th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Next month IGS is having a special event with a advent calendar.

EDIT:

Post November 29th, 2013, 12:13 pm

I'm not fond of the games offered by GoG, so can't say I like their sale..

Shiny Loot I've been referring to since they started this morning; people are picking up their 'missing' Desura/Steam games left and right if there
is any that appeal :P
The new Wyv & Keep is 1USD as well, all (?) the Drods, Dark Scavenger. Some nice titles in there indeed and cheap enough to not be fussy over
not getting keys till the games are Greenlit/Desura-d much :mrgreen:

IndiEGala Store has some fairly OK-ish offers between their tons of rubbish and rubbish repeats :o
BundelStars has 25% off any current bundle, Humble hasn't been great but lets see in a couple hours, their weekly makes me hope they're holding
their actual sale back. I think even French Cows has a thing :P

Not a Black Friday/Cyber Monday thing but just a side-note: Indie Meadow is only going to be running for two
more days. One USD minimum for 7 games on Greenlight and some extras. No keys till Greenlit at all though.

Post November 29th, 2013, 7:16 pm

There is a lot of games on SL which is released on Desura but still not comes with Desura key. so i would not hope for keys very much if they not clearly promised. And its very sad, cause current ShinyLoot sale do have several nice titles, worth picking, like Curse of Slate Rock Manor.
As for GOG, well, yeah, not greatest sales as always, but i thinking about Guilty Gear.
Pretty boring stuff on Humble Store (their offers looks lees and less appealing for me as it going), Desura have some sale too.

Post November 30th, 2013, 1:11 am

Would be fun to have some black friday igs deals i suppose. Maybe next year. Funny how it is a USA holiday thing but everyone seems to celebrate the deals.

Post November 30th, 2013, 6:10 am

so i would not hope for keys very much if they not clearly promised.

Agreed. I tend to advise people the same; you buy a game license 'as-is'. Any other license in whatever form, say a Desura key afterwards is a bonus,
but it's not something you actually paid for. Which ofc is my major gripe with Shiny Loot as often their DRM-free versions are more expensive than say,
a version elsewhere that comes with a Desura key and therefore almost certainly has the DRM-free version included in that lower price..

I was half expecting something from GoG, but it's good that the Poles decided to be European I guess in this sense..

Funny how it is a USA holiday thing but everyone seems to celebrate the deals.

Any addict welcomes a discount on his 'substance' of choice, no? :mrgreen:

Post November 30th, 2013, 11:07 am

PlayerReview wrote:
Would be fun to have some black friday igs deals i suppose. Maybe next year. Funny how it is a USA holiday thing but everyone seems to celebrate the deals.

Not like i caring much about USA holidays, i'm not from USA anyway, but since some store offer deals why not take a look? But i have to agree that such things is nice for everyone.

Duck wrote:
I was half expecting something from GoG, but it's good that the Poles decided to be European I guess in this sense..

GOG finished Insomnia sale, so i think they cannot just take and trow another batch of games on sale. Games they put on deal right now is older ones, none of them (except several titles) was not present in Insomnia.

Duck wrote:
Which ofc is my major gripe with Shiny Loot as often their DRM-free versions are more expensive than say,
a version elsewhere that comes with a Desura key and therefore almost certainly has the DRM-free version included in that lower price..

Source of my hesitating to get games on SL without Desura keys is what i kinda not sure how long SL will live and how is game updates situation. Desura is more or less stable platform, updates maybe slow, but they are coming, but i fear to be abandoned with SL if something go wrong. Of course is very harsh and unfair point of view, SL so far didnt done anything wrong, but...
BTW, sometimes i think - is it really great idea to make new and new stores if they basically tends to be key resellers? Maybe it would be better if, for example, SL and IGS merged in one, bigger but more durable store?

Post November 30th, 2013, 11:56 am

GOG finished Insomnia sale, so i think they cannot just take and trow another batch of games on sale. Games they put on deal right now is older ones, none of them (except several titles) was not present in Insomnia.

It was also basically their only proper sale of the sort. If it's not older titles already, it's mostly 1 or 2 at launch which in fairness every store about does.

Desura is more or less stable platform, updates maybe slow, but they are coming, but i fear to be abandoned with SL if something go wrong.

Exactly why I want Desura keys basically. Not only because the service/store reliability but also their other sites and of course mainly the updates (even if they're slow normally). Not even 'the great and wise Humble' >cough< provides an equal or better way to keep your DRM-free games updated and running.

is it really great idea to make new and new stores if they basically tends to be key resellers? Maybe it would be better if, for example, SL and IGS merged in one, bigger but more durable store?

It's a thing that flows through every form of business; indie devs make flavour-of-the-month-games, stores and bundles want in on the fad and relatively easy cash. Same in your local High-street e.g. in the end you need very good service or very good prices; SL has neither I'm afraid e.g. even though service isn't bad as such. Difference with physical trade is that web-shops are more prone to just go up in smoke without the hope even of a take-over. Mergers are not terribly common in either case.

Established names are strugling as well; IG Dirt sold badly despite endless Happy Hours, Groupees is only making numbers go up when they offer single-game-BaB type things more than not, IR is lack-luster as it is but going up etc.. The indie bubble needs to burst and I expect to be fair for it to happen rather sooner than later and I do not think it bad for us at all; bring quality games and re-sellers, not this endless stream of copycats and uninspired efforts from people who seem to not want to put any effort into it at all.

Post December 2nd, 2013, 11:38 am

Oook, IGS now have some sale too...dont wanna criticize anyone, but i cannot cal them VERY impressive. Some titles is sure nice, but i seen a lot of stuff i can get on SL cheaper, for example. Even more, some of them makes me wonder - Hacker Evolution Duality for 2$? On Flying Bundle its whole series + additional games for 2$
Reversion for 1.5$ - 1$ on SL
Obludia and Zigfrak eachfor 4$? 1$ on SL
Grave Digger for 3$? 1$ on you know...
Quest run for 7$? its 1$ on Groupees
Plasma bein for 3.50? 1$ on SL...
Jack Keane is worst case - 10$ on IGS against 1$ on SL.
No, i dont saying IGS is bad, but hmm...
On other side, Data Hacker Initiation for 4$ (10 on SL)
Enola for 4.50 - 10 on SL...

Return to Indie Games