Board index Community General Discussion KAG

KAG

Talk about anything!

KAG

Post November 24th, 2013, 3:15 pm

i'don't know how to redeem the key of my account??? how?

Post November 24th, 2013, 3:49 pm

What is it exactly what you are trying to do?

The Desura key requires you to register @ Desura
After that you can use either their client or website to register the key (gift).

For the KAG key itself (and the Steam key) you have to register @ KAG.
Your Steam key will be in your profile page there after you log-on.

Post November 25th, 2013, 10:02 am

so i'need to register desura...and steam?

Post November 25th, 2013, 10:30 am

i'can have this key totally free?

Post November 25th, 2013, 10:45 am

Which key are you refering to, Desura, Steam or the actual "Game key" which is displayed on your game wallet?

Post November 25th, 2013, 10:47 am

Post November 25th, 2013, 10:49 am

i'don't know help!!!

Post November 25th, 2013, 11:09 am

The link you posted above describes what you need to do step by step. The "Premium Code" you're supposed to redeem is your Game Key that's on your IndieGameStand game wallet.

Post November 25th, 2013, 12:46 pm

where is my gamewallet?

Post November 25th, 2013, 1:15 pm

top of the page, next to your user ID it says 'Game Wallet'. There.

Any and all games you buy here should end up there, featured and
Store both. Keys, extras, BTA bonuses, DRM-free versions, it's all there.

Also, you do not need to do anything with Desura or a Desura key in this
case unless you want to play on their service.
(Often devs supply keys to Greenlit games via Desura, mind that though for
other games in future..)

Post November 25th, 2013, 3:51 pm

steam keys still dont work no matter what you write it won't change the fact that no one is doing anything about it....and its really sad

Post November 25th, 2013, 4:00 pm

Why wouldn't they work? I know several people, myself included, who play KAG just fine after getting their key.

It's also the first I hear at all about non-working keys, be it the CD key, the Desura or the Steam key.

Post November 25th, 2013, 4:09 pm

I got my Steam key just fine. Developers choose how to upload the keys, and in this case when the game launched on Steam they added them through their site. So, all I did was logged into my KAG account over on their site and clicked my name up top, then redeemed Steam key (a few weeks ago i think).

Post November 25th, 2013, 4:34 pm

i checked kag2d a long time ago as well and there is a bug that has prevented me from being able to get the steam key. it isn't something to hate a developer for at all, it is simply an unresolved issue that will all be in the past once it is solved.

it is unfortunate that some people have had no problems and others haven't been able to get it to work. Not that I want you guys to also have the same issue, but you know what I mean, it would be nice if it all worked.

the main annoyance for me is everywhere I search for a solution or some info about whether or not its going to be fixed, people explain simple stuff again and again :(

Post November 26th, 2013, 6:33 am

'a long time ago' ? Maybe you should check again or take action yourself and
e-mail them? Most issues are resolved in days if not hours in cases like these..

In your case though I assume you tried another browser and switch off anything
that could be blocking their website tools? I've never hear of any issues before
and their website isn't very special as such to be fair.
I haven't heard of any issues, nor does anybody I spoke to yesterday so I expect
it may just be something on your end. Even if that's not the case, the KAG2D.com are
the ones to mail, waiting for a miraculous solution won't help.

Correct me if I'm wrong but your problem is totally unrelated to the OP's
challenge to where to get the key from at all?
Sorry for you it didn't work in the past for you, but hardly a reason to get huffy
at the people that actually do (try to) help people.

Post November 26th, 2013, 6:39 am

i did everything you said and more, the devs arent saying anything and the error is still there. even if there is some weird bug with it, the lack of communication regarding it, and seeing other updates on the devlog that are about gameplay and adding steam features, it makes me worry.

Post November 26th, 2013, 6:59 am

If you haven't checked very recently you cannot argue the issue still exists.

Should you not actually check whether it still does, is your own issue, not that
of anybody else; dev or otherwise. But I gather from your defensive and hostile
manner you haven't actually contacted them as you keep avoiding the matter
of you taking action to solve your own problem.

Nobody is ignoring your issues. You are acting like a little kid waiting for magic to happen
it seems. If anybody is being rude, it's you coming in here straight off on a hostile tone going
jasondesante wrote:
steam keys still dont work no matter what you write it won't change the fact that no one is doing anything about it....and its really sad

Totally not even bothering to read what anybody wrote before you barged in.
The OP is (hopefully: was) unclear where to even get his key(s) from, not that the something
did not work or such.

You did not explain anything. You said 'i have a problem, nobody fixes it!' basically.

As you are the 1 out of say 30 people I personally know that has had an issue at all it
is logical that you need to look on your end. If it's not a common issue they won't even
be aware of it at all so resolving it will never happen magically.

If you can't be arsed to do that and/or take the issue up with the people actually
running the service you have an issue with is not something anybody else could help you with
no matter how rude and huffy you get.

Post November 26th, 2013, 11:12 am

Ok ty guys

Post November 28th, 2013, 6:22 am

Duck wrote:
'a long time ago' ? Maybe you should check again or take action yourself and
e-mail them? Most issues are resolved in days if not hours in cases like these..

I wrote "i checked kag2d a long time ago as well and there is a bug that has prevented me from being able to get the steam key. it isn't something to hate a developer for at all, it is simply an unresolved issue that will all be in the past once it is solved. "

if you read two words beyond "ago" you would have read as well. If you read the post before you would see the guy was talking about getting his steam key two weeks ago. I was referring to checking two weeks before and at that moment. You automatically assumed that I didn't check then.

You're just looking for conflict and I'm trying to respond with thought and you're telling me I'm not reading stuff when you don't read the first sentence of what I wrote before forming a response. To even think that someone can get into an online argument in a forum about a missing steam key bug in an indie game because that bug hasn't been resolved in a long time because one person on the forum doesn't believe the other persons experience telling them that their own opinions are wrong. That stuff is so ridiculous and pointless it doesn't bother me at all.

I'm looking for information about something not looking to challenge others on what they claim they experience and offer solutions that they've already stated they've tried.

Post November 28th, 2013, 11:28 am

I'm not looking for any conflict, I'm just pointing out the failures in your reasoning and actions here.

You responded to 'the guy' by saying:
jasondesante wrote:

Not relevant to this thread, hostile and trying to keep shoving the ball into the other's corner. Do tell how that sentence refers to his issue or anything said before you barged in.

To even think that someone can get into an online argument in a forum about a missing steam key bug in an indie game because that bug hasn't been resolved in a long time because one person on the forum doesn't believe the other persons experience telling them that their own opinions are wrong

What opinion? I'm not seeing any opinions in this thread. Colored remarks mainly by you, sure. Not a single opinion though maybe barring that apparently 'two week = long time'.

Believing what exactly? You haven't actually indicated anything on how and when your attempt to communication with the dev team was. Can't believe you if you don't first tell me what this thing is that I should believe.

Your hostility in this thread from the get-go leaves your tempers to be under scrutiny, yes. You have not actually brought anything here but negative remarks. If you then accuse the person that reminds you of that of seeking conflict, that's really your problem.

Adding
jasondesante wrote:
it isn't something to hate a developer for at all, it is simply an unresolved issue that will all be in the past once it is solved.
is your only slightly positive remark so far. You immediatly follow up with negative
jasondesante wrote:
the main annoyance for me is everywhere I search for a solution or some info about whether or not its going to be fixed, people explain simple stuff again and again :(
You didn't search for any solution here but rather huffed and puffed which was not helping anybody, including yourself. If you yourself get explained the same time and again maybe you should ask yourself if you're explaining it clearly enough and to the right people? You still e.g. haven't actually told us what the exact issue is that you had the intention of getting resolved. "It does't work." Is not a problem description, sorry.

-=-

Imagine if you had come in here e.g. saying: "I have a problem with the Kag2D.com site. I contacted them a couple weeks ago but still can't log in there." Now that would be still another issue the OP had apparently, but at least the tone would be different from the get-go. Help us help you.

Would we likely have gone through the same old checklist that I presented you with already? Yes. Impatience doesn't matter, sorry. We need to understand the issue and know what you did to resolve it. Standard help-desk procedure and a good thing too as most issues can be resolved quickly by doing that.

You contacted the dev team? How? Forum? Steam forum? E-mail? PM? Names/dates; gief if you have them, help us poke the person you spoke to perhaps?
Have you been able to log in at all to the Kag2d account page?
What error and/or error code if any?
Does the button for the Steam key appear at all / What do you see when you log in @ Kag2d.com?

I can think of several more things to go through and will gladly help you get the help you need, but you need to tone down and be willing to accept help.

Sending a single message to the web-admins in whatever way at whatever site may not be enough especially if it was just a forum post. Maybe they didn't get the message or you were swamped by others/work.
Patch/release notes normally contain matters concerning the actual game, not the website or such. Do not wait for it to magically appear. Steam launch is hectic and stressful for publishers and devs but for their web-teams as well! Do not assume anything and send them a message (again) per web-form (http://www.kag2d.com/en/contact) or better yet; e-mail (support@thd.vg).

There is 400-1,300 people about playing KAG daily on Steam according to SteamCharts.com. Expect double the keys to have been sold to that. On whatever end any issue is, things can and will go wrong/lost, especially around a launch. Don't take a hands-off approach, chase it up. If an issue isn't common, it won't show up on their radar likely.

The devs (can't speak for any web-team they may have) has always seemed rather helpful and friendly. If you think you need/want a virtual hand, do tell. Don't just start barking and biting, show us which paw you hurt and we can see what we can do.

Now for this picture to conclude this hopefully and start on a fluffier tone to see if we can actually get you help.
http://cheezburger.com/7922080000 (pic-link doesn't work QQ)

Next

Return to General Discussion