Board index IndieGameStand Store Free flash games as a feature?

Free flash games as a feature?

Official thread for the IGS Store

Post November 24th, 2013, 3:02 am

Not sure what the deal is with today's feature?

Super Lemonade Factory is even promoted as a free flash game on their Greenlight page :s

The site they linked is dead currently, but as flash games go it's easy to find them hosted ALL OVER to play.
Just Google, click and play ..

Mobile port (if you can consider flash-to-flash a port...) sure. But a free flash game? Do tell.

Post November 24th, 2013, 3:39 am

As far as I can see, the flash version is many terms inferior to what is on iOS, Android and probably PC too.

However it IS strange: the gamedevs even have given access to the source code. This isn't normal :X

Post November 24th, 2013, 4:32 am

hm... I just bought the game, because I am crazy about platformers, but there isn't even a download link in my gamewallet :(

well I guess I am back to Little Racers Street, that was an awesome feature :)

Post November 24th, 2013, 12:36 pm

Looks like something gone terribly wrong or...i dont know.
I recall i seen that game on Desura, but right now i cannot even find it. No keys provided, no downloads...hmmm

Post November 24th, 2013, 1:54 pm

Hope the iOS version isn't inferior, it's the original I gather.
Also haven't found the Android version at all but well.. any flash-running
device should be able to run this I guess so >shrug<

Overall not seeing any real differences between any of the versions apart
from the odd taste in my mouth after playing in my browser..

[strike]I'm putting this down almost to a troll here, sorry.[/strike]
Was meaning the deal here not previous replies or anything but striking after
re-reading just now to avoid potential angry glares :oops:
Last edited by Duck on November 24th, 2013, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 24th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Runnin flash games on Android is not very fun, BTW. First, officially flash is no longer supported for platforms newer then 4.0, its runs, yes, but with each platform update there is more and more glitches and instability.
Second, since Flash was never developer as touch oriented thing, its pretty uncomfortable to play too.

So, better not.

Post November 24th, 2013, 4:57 pm

Post by Toyotame » 33 minutes ago

Flash games on anything from a potato to the most expensive system aren't generally fun :s

Note that Adobe isn't even developing Adobe Flash anymore officially as per Nov2011 for any
mobile platform.
Everything running on Flash is supposed to run under HTML5 was and is the intent
(with support from Air) for any mobile devices. It's not an Android thing as such.

The lack of touch support goes for several if not most engines. Unreal eg is just weird but this
wasn't meant for mobile uses either. Even the de-facto cross-platform engine Unity sucks
for most platforms (Linux and Droid poorest).

But platform discussions weren't the aim here as it's irrelevant almost.
There is no such thing as 'the perfect engine' especially cross-platform. Personal aims tend
togo towards 'getting in to run splendidly on platform X' regardless of everybody else.

Post November 24th, 2013, 9:26 pm

I probably shouldn't even comment, since I'm clueless about the history of the current feature. I can say it shows in my game wallet.

It appears to be a paid game at this time, so maybe that changed. Or, maybe it was like Reprisal, which was also Adobe AIR. The one was free in-browser and a paid version for the standalone client. Not relevant, but then all versions went free, then wen't back to paid once Greenlit. IDK about SLF past, just know it is a paid game at this moment on every source I've found.

Post November 25th, 2013, 4:22 am

Stand-alone vs normal could be the case as idd was with Reprisal.
Which went back to free quicker than I could warn people for it :P

The stand-alone was nowhere to be found at time of OP as only
browser flash versions popped up and official site was down.

Even that being the case, this is the same-ish complaint I have
about the pathetic practice of up-pricing mobile version that add
nothing and tend to be cross-platform engines which also does
not explain the premium price.
In this case it's just flash. That's not even a conversion >shrug<

Return to Store