Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Scraps

Scraps

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game featured on IGS?

Yes
11%
No
No votes
Maybe
No votes
Store, not featured
No votes
Store and featured
89%

Total votes : 9

Post October 19th, 2013, 3:34 pm

---
Developed by Moment Studio
In development, vehicle builder demo available
Official Site | TIGForum Devlog | Greenlight Concepts

phpBB [video]

Scraps is a vehicle combat game where you build a vehicle from parts, and where success lies just as much in designing a well-crafted vehicle as in your combat skills. It’s about competitive creativity, and having fun while making horrible design decisions.

Scraps is sort of like building a vehicle in LEGO Racers except that when you build your vehicle, every part actually does something and has mass and aerodynamics, instead of the result being mostly cosmetic. It’s something like Robot Wars, except you drive what you’ve created directly.

Scraps lets you create a vehicle that’s great or a vehicle that sucks. Maybe your vehicle falls over when it corners or doesn’t have enough power to fire its weapons – that’s okay. It gives you a lot of power over what you’re creating. At the same time, it tries to avoid needless complexity like wiring components together, and tries to keep things intuitive. When you take out other players, you can scavenge from their destroyed parts too.

Developer's planned/potenial features:
- Armour (physical, energy shield around vehicle, shaped armour for aesthetic cover parts)
- Blocks (extenders, streamlining, ballast, wedge shape like a cowcatcher)
- Cooling (passive, active). Always-on or press button to use.
- Movement (engines, thrusters, brakes, anti-roll module for turning (stabiliser bars), anti-roll module for air (keep flat), clip-on stabiliser wheels)
- Power (generators, capacitors)
- Weapons (fixed & turret, projectile & ray, rocket normal & homing) - + “droppers” like mines etc + melee (spikes, jackhammer), harpoon? Laser weapons could fire continuously (while using lots of power)
- Misc (HUD improvements e.g. radar, showing where weapon will hit taking into account current velocity, radar jammer, scope, headlights for night maps?, side stabilisers (prevent tipping over when shooting big guns))

Builder Demo available here
"You can now try out an early pre-alpha builder release where you can try building a vehicle and driving it around the test map!"

Last edited by Bronxsta on October 19th, 2013, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post October 19th, 2013, 3:41 pm

WHOA!

Post October 19th, 2013, 5:02 pm

I thought I posted this... Guess not!

Check out the IndieDB page

This kind of game is my jam. +1000 to this post.

Also aaaaaa that demo must be new!
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post October 19th, 2013, 5:22 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
I thought I posted this... Guess not!

Check out the IndieDB page

This kind of game is my jam. +1000 to this post.

Also aaaaaa that demo must be new!

Did you try it yet? It's awesome. Not much to do beside build, drive, and shoot blocks. But that's already insanely fun so the full game is going to be incredible
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post October 19th, 2013, 6:04 pm

Bronxsta wrote:
Did you try it yet? It's awesome. Not much to do beside build, drive, and shoot blocks. But that's already insanely fun so the full game is going to be incredible

Not yet. Don't have time right now. Will try to remember later, if it's not too big.

Post October 19th, 2013, 8:42 pm

When I saw this I had an instant boner. :D

Post November 23rd, 2013, 6:07 pm

Post November 24th, 2013, 12:49 am

I clicked YES on this so hard on the Greenlight page that the entire universe collapsed in the massive gravity well caused by my finger smashing the mouse button.

...the universe got better.

Return to Game Suggestions