Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Tower of Guns [Nov 16th-20th]

Tower of Guns [Nov 16th-20th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post November 17th, 2013, 12:59 am

nullzero wrote:
Wow! :o It's already in the 18th position of the top deals list with 73 hours to go. Will it reach the top 10?

Awesome! :-)

I have no idea what kind of graph IGS sales follow, but I imagine that the later days won't be as crazy as this first one was?

Either way, I'm pretty excited! Thanks guys!

Post November 17th, 2013, 2:19 am

^^ I'm not sure either, I never really paid much attention to the trends.

#13 and climbing though! It looks to me like there's a good chance of cracking the top 10.

For what it's worth I knew nothing about this game until it showed up on IGS but I checked out a couple of gameplay videos on Youtube and it looks pretty good. I found this one quite entertaining:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt7Q2vkXPyc

:lol:
Last edited by Shad0WeN on November 17th, 2013, 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 17th, 2013, 2:25 am

Couldn't resist buying since it's already been Greenlit and nobody has said that it's terrible.

IndieGameStand daily deals are some of the best value for money for indie game fans! I hope that most of the developers end up happy with the sales as well.

Post November 17th, 2013, 2:29 am

dinre wrote:
GnomeSlice wrote:
Does this game have controller support?

Even if it's supported, you don't want to play a twitch shooter with a gamepad. The precision and speed required for aiming would be impossible. Heck, even modern non-twitch shooters turn on aim assist for gamepads.

Was thinking the same thing. It's putting yourself at a disadvantage to be sure -- it's just physics. Gamepads were never really designed or intended with First Person Shooters in mind. Things just kind of evolved that way. Now something like a Platformer of course is totally the opposite. In the end I guess it's just whatever you are used to, even if it's not ideal. Now we know who the console gamer is here though :mrgreen:

Post November 17th, 2013, 1:07 pm

Shad0WeN wrote:
dinre wrote:
GnomeSlice wrote:

Even if it's supported, you don't want to play a twitch shooter with a gamepad. The precision and speed required for aiming would be impossible. Heck, even modern non-twitch shooters turn on aim assist for gamepads.

Was thinking the same thing. It's putting yourself at a disadvantage to be sure -- it's just physics. Gamepads were never really designed or intended with First Person Shooters in mind. Things just kind of evolved that way. Now something like a Platformer of course is totally the opposite. In the end I guess it's just whatever you are used to, even if it's not ideal. Now we know who the console gamer is here though :mrgreen:

This is all great, but none of it really answers my initial question. 8-)
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post November 17th, 2013, 3:37 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
dinre wrote:
GnomeSlice wrote:

This is all great, but none of it really answers my initial question. 8-)

The answer is 'yes', it has controller support. On a second note, as referenced, the game was intended to be played with mouse & keyboard.

Different strokes for different blokes.

Post November 17th, 2013, 6:31 pm

:!: :!: :!: TOP 10 REACHED :!: :!: :!:

Post November 17th, 2013, 11:59 pm

Woohoo! That's really awesome. Thanks everyone who picked up the game. Please tell your friends too! :-)

Post November 19th, 2013, 8:16 am

I continue to love Tower of Guns. Gems like this are the reason I pay attention to IGS. I would never have known about Tower of Guns otherwise.

The game is surprisingly solid for an alpha build. I've unlocked all the achievements (most within a single "endless" run), but the achievements are definitely NOT the reason I play this game. Many of us used to boot up Quake or Doom or Wolfenstein and play through the same tired old levels just because the feeling of a twitch shooter can be very cathartic. Tower of Guns provides the same experience but without the downside of "learning" the levels.

The only thing that would make this game better would be a portable version. I really look forward to future updates!

Post November 19th, 2013, 11:16 am

Thanks so much Dinre!

Here's a couple more Bestiary sketches I got around to scanning

Post November 19th, 2013, 11:20 am

I must admit I bought the BTA against better judgement cause I can't
cope with these camera positions somehow but what I did manage
to play in my 5min-before-wooziness-strikes-session was great :)

Now to make time for the book :mrgreen:

Post November 19th, 2013, 12:02 pm

I consider myself a hardcore FPS fan, having played pretty much everything since competitive shooters to casual shooters. But Tower of Guns has a very unique feeling to me, it actually feels alot of Unreal Tournament-esc to me but what it really reminds me is of Painkiller. And yes, they are nothing alike but for me I think they both have one unique thing, the freedom of movement from Tower of Guns feels just as great for me as in Painkiller. Basicly what I'm trying to say is that even though it's still an Alpha it already feels like it has the production value as some of the bigger shooting games that come out nowadays and I even dare to say I haven't played such a great First Person Shooter in a long time, it looks great, it plays AMAZING, it gets really intense which is probably one of the reasons why I enjoy it so much and last but by no means least, it's made by a single man. I have really good hopes and I can see a bright future for Tower of Guns. Joe Mirabello, you have my respect!

Post November 19th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Nice to see ToG doing so well. The next feature is going to have to be something pretty great to live up to this
Last edited by Bronxsta on November 19th, 2013, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post November 19th, 2013, 5:37 pm

IGS is supposedly doing a livestream/interview with Tower of Guns developer Joe Mirabello tonight at 6pm PST / 9pm EST on Twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/indiegamestand

Also, it looks to me like the game will at least finish at #7 so that is my prediction:

https://indiegamestand.com/top-sales.php

Post November 20th, 2013, 9:29 am

Thanks so much guys--the sale was a big success and an incredible amount of fun :-) For those that bought it, I'm super grateful and hope you enjoy the game!

Post November 24th, 2013, 3:42 am

blankslatejoe wrote:
Thanks so much guys--the sale was a big success and an incredible amount of fun :-) For those that bought it, I'm super grateful and hope you enjoy the game!

I want to use the occasion that you are here, and thank you for this epic game :D Also, your devblog is great with those daily updates on how is the game getting work on :D You are a role model for indie devs, and I hope that you will swim in money because of that.

P.S Hug your cat from me ;)

Post December 10th, 2013, 10:04 pm

Show and Tell.. BTW, the drawing did come on a durable poster board type material. So it should age well. Also, played this game a decent amount and it is quite good.

Post December 11th, 2013, 3:13 am

Have it framed! :mrgreen:

Previous

Return to Featured Game Deals