Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals King Arthur's Gold [Jul 23-26th]

King Arthur's Gold [Jul 23-26th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post July 25th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Posts: 2
Is there somewhere to download the classic version? I checked out the developer's website which lists this game as having zombie fortress mode and other features not actually present in the game you get from IGS. The disparity between the 2 versions and the fact that these features are listed on http://kag2d.com/en/about and http://kag2d.com/en/buy is a bit confusing, especially as no separate version is mentioned on the KAG2d website. I got several of my friends to purchase the game based on the fact that we could play a humans vs bots coop mode which appears not to exist.

I'd appreciate some clarification on if we also own the classic version and where it can be accessed if so.

Post July 25th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Posts: 478
Location: Portugal
I believe that by "classic version" you are refering to the free version which is available to everyone else. If so, I believe you can download it here via the developer website http://kag2d.com/en/download or in the Desura page here http://www.desura.com/games/king-arthurs-gold where it says "King Arthur's Gold Free edition available for everybody!". I hope this helps.

Post July 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm

Posts: 1361
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Zorder wrote:
I believe that by "classic version" you are refering to the free version which is available to everyone else. If so, I believe you can download it here via the developer website http://kag2d.com/en/download or in the Desura page here http://www.desura.com/games/king-arthurs-gold where it says "King Arthur's Gold Free edition available for everybody!". I hope this helps.


No, I think he's talking about KAG Classic, which still have free and premium content, but is not 'KAG Beta', which has a ton of changes.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Image

Post July 25th, 2013, 10:20 pm

Posts: 6
IndigenousG wrote:
Is there somewhere to download the classic version? I checked out the developer's website which lists this game as having zombie fortress mode and other features not actually present in the game you get from IGS. The disparity between the 2 versions and the fact that these features are listed on http://kag2d.com/en/about and http://kag2d.com/en/buy is a bit confusing, especially as no separate version is mentioned on the KAG2d website. I got several of my friends to purchase the game based on the fact that we could play a humans vs bots coop mode which appears not to exist.

I'd appreciate some clarification on if we also own the classic version and where it can be accessed if so.

http://kag2d.com/en/buy Is not current. That is classic KAG, or alpha version. That is free to everyone. The free client is here: http://kag2d.com/en/download, though it will be updated once the beta is out. In that version, they have zombie fortress implanted. The version you got from IGS is in Silent Beta, so obviously the main site wont have too much about it. However, I seriously think you should play the Beta, which has modding support, though it's flaky now so not many people have scripted anything major, it will be done very soon. In fact, if you read my above post, a third party is already creating an officially supported version of zombies for beta, which wont be out for a while. Sorry for my text wall. It's very late so if you spot any grammatical errors, please try to make sense of it.

Post July 26th, 2013, 4:14 am

Posts: 1
Hey, if you got desura problems, read this
https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/desura- ... ost-228410
Basicly go to http://kag2d.com/ and login at top, then redeem your GAME key there (not desura key)
And you can download the game in your wallet and login as paid user!

Post July 26th, 2013, 9:25 am

Posts: 6
Seems like it's gonna end in 8th place. ;)

Post July 26th, 2013, 9:32 am

Posts: 273
The Desura version works fine now (for me at least). There was a minor patch updating it to 'beta'. Registration was 'mandatory' to begin with, it was Desura not acknowledging the correct version that was the problem.

Haven't compared versions but behaves and looks exactly at the Wallet version so got rid of stand-alone as I can just run the client offline.


Desura Changelog:

King Arthur's Gold Changelog

Jul 23 2013, 10:34am - VERSION: 825
THE
beta version.
Dec 4 2011, 2:43pm - VERSION: 228
Sep 14 2011, 11:07pm - VERSION: 142
Sep 5 2011, 4:11am - VERSION: 137b

Post July 26th, 2013, 9:42 am

Posts: 6
Just wanted to post this:

If you aren't convinced with buying the game yet, maybe I can do it now. Check out http://viridimilitis.com/. It's a huge team of incredibly talented members that are making a heavily scripted mode called King Arthur's Role-playing Server (KARPS). However, their main project is called Sandbox Survival, which is estimated for release this summer. I can't possibly explain all the details but make sure to check out http://viridimilitis.com/ for details on this incredible team and their mode.
EDIT: Some copypasta from the site for a vague description. :)

We are working on a project for King Arthur's Gold, KAG 1.0, called Sandbox Survival and are creating a single player experience in which you spawn in a massive world with your friends or with online co-op and go off and explore, having many adventures and quests.
-VanHuek (Developer/founder of Virdi Militis & KAG Royal Guard)

Post July 26th, 2013, 12:02 pm

Posts: 1361
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Jlordo wrote:
Check out http://viridimilitis.com/. It's a huge team of incredibly talented members that are making a heavily scripted mode called King Arthur's Role-playing Server (KARPS). However, their main project is called Sandbox Survival, which is estimated for release this summer.

Oooooooo this looks awesome!
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Image

Post November 6th, 2013, 6:52 am

Posts: 19
yay its on steam! :D


is that thing going to happen....you know steam keys :D

Post November 14th, 2013, 6:06 pm

Posts: 3
Location: Spain
I bought this game for desura and it´s now on steam, anyone knows If we are gonna have this one on steam? I just check my game wallet and I only have a game key and a desura game key :(

Post November 14th, 2013, 6:38 pm

Posts: 478
Location: Portugal
ludop wrote:
I bought this game for desura and it´s now on steam, anyone knows If we are gonna have this one on steam? I just check my game wallet and I only have a game key and a desura game key :(

If you want to get your Steam key all you have to do is go to the KAG official website and log in to your account, after that on the center of the screen at the top you should see "Panel", click there and a window should pop up with one option saying "Get your Steam key!". And there you go!

Post November 14th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Posts: 3
Location: Spain
Zorder wrote:
If you want to get your Steam key all you have to do is go to the KAG official website and log in to your account, after that on the center of the screen at the top you should see "Panel", click there and a window should pop up with one option saying "Get your Steam key!". And there you go!


Thanks!! I got it :) (muito obrigado vizinho)

Post November 15th, 2013, 3:52 am

Posts: 19
Zorder wrote:
ludop wrote:
I bought this game for desura and it´s now on steam, anyone knows If we are gonna have this one on steam? I just check my game wallet and I only have a game key and a desura game key :(

If you want to get your Steam key all you have to do is go to the KAG official website and log in to your account, after that on the center of the screen at the top you should see "Panel", click there and a window should pop up with one option saying "Get your Steam key!". And there you go!


that still doesnt work

Post November 15th, 2013, 5:43 pm

Posts: 3
Location: Spain
jasondesante wrote:
Zorder wrote:
If you want to get your Steam key all you have to do is go to the KAG official website and log in to your account, after that on the center of the screen at the top you should see "Panel", click there and a window should pop up with one option saying "Get your Steam key!". And there you go!


that still doesnt work


That worked for me, you have to register on KAG website and then you have to use your game activation code for become a gold member. After that you will have available your new steam key.

Post November 15th, 2013, 8:41 pm

Posts: 19
ludop wrote:
jasondesante wrote:
Zorder wrote:
If you want to get your Steam key all you have to do is go to the KAG official website and log in to your account, after that on the center of the screen at the top you should see "Panel", click there and a window should pop up with one option saying "Get your Steam key!". And there you go!


that still doesnt work


That worked for me, you have to register on KAG website and then you have to use your game activation code for become a gold member. After that you will have available your new steam key.



I have a gold account when I click get steam key it says "You have already gotten a key from Steam or Desura
Generation of Desura keys is temporarily unavailable due to a key management issue. Please watch the devlog for updates."

Post November 19th, 2013, 12:47 pm

Posts: 3
same here, there seem to be a problem installing the game.

I have send the guys over at KAG a ticket, hopefully some news pop up...
Attachments
blank.jpg
blank.jpg (24.25 KiB) Viewed 1220 times

Post December 6th, 2013, 11:51 pm

Posts: 3
Just saw this blog post: http://devlog.kag2d.com/post/6915926190 ... ion-update

Sounds like anyone who hadn't registered their KAG key by yesterday is now no longer eligible for a steam key. Kind of sucks considering that the game was known to be coming to steam and a lot of folks may have been waiting around for that to happen before even setting up an account with their IGS key.

And anyone who knew about the issues the KAG devs were facing with the huge demand for steam keys and decided to hold off until everything was fixed is now out in the cold.


But the good news for everyone who has previously created an account is that you should have a steam key available in your kag2d.com profile now, if you missed out on the first batch of keys.

Post December 7th, 2013, 6:54 am

Posts: 848
Location: Utah
we sort of got 2 keys on igs... 1 game key and 1 desura key... i think maybe the dev did it the way they did so you couldn't get 2 steam keys off of one purchase. the desura key, if redeemed, will not allow a steam key... the igs key will. or, that was my experience anyway.

Previous

Return to Featured Game Deals