Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Survivor Squad [Aug 12th - 15th]

Survivor Squad [Aug 12th - 15th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

How is this feature? (choose any that apply)

I like the game
26%
I dislike the game
4%
I already own it
39%
The developers deserve the support
30%

Total votes : 23

Post August 12th, 2013, 10:53 am

Survivor Squad is a Strategy Action game where you control a Squad of up to four survivors and guide them through a highly randomized world looking for supplies to aid you on your journey.

Scavenge for supplies in every corner of every building, craft your gear, pick your skills and loadout while keeping your Squad alive by covering every corner and moving as a group.

It is a game that encourages quick thinking and fast paced play since you need to pay attention to all of your squad mates. If you leave someone behind, chances are they will be pounced on and die. Move as a Squad and cover every corner.

Four game modes: Campaign, Survival, Death Lab and Multiplayer.

Campaign:
Play through a highly randomized world following a simple storyline with unique events and a conclusion.

Survival:
Score based mode, go through as many randomly generated buildings as you can never looking back.

Death Lab:
Equip your Survivor Squad with a limited budget and take them through a collapsed Lab. Good micro management of your Squad is essential to your survival.

Multiplayer:
The new Multiplayer mode is a 1v1 scenario (Online/LAN) where one player controls the Survivors and another player controls the Infected. The Survivors must reach the extraction zone and the Infected must stop them by spawning various types of Infected around them. Will the survivors reach their extraction zone alive and well or will they be devoured along the way? It's up to you!

phpBB [video]
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post August 12th, 2013, 11:40 am

My first IGS purchase! I was this close to buying Survivor Squad on Desura yesterday, happy I waited.
Two questions:
- If I do the direct download, not the Desura key, how would I update the game?
- if the game is released on Steam, do we get Steam keys as well?

I'll post impressions later
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post August 12th, 2013, 11:53 am

Bronxsta wrote:

If and when the game is updated, the developers will (hopefully) update the direct download files here on IndieGameStand. You'll get an email notifying you that they have been updated, and then it's just a matter of downloading the game again from your wallet. I personally recommend you redeem it on Desura and do it that way, though.

About Steam keys: Yes, that's the plan for any game featured here.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post August 12th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Bronxsta wrote:
My first IGS purchase! I was this close to buying Survivor Squad on Desura yesterday, happy I waited.
Two questions:

Why wouldn't you just use the Desura key? Oh yeah, so that you can install a copy and still sell the other one. That is called piracy and you are stealing from the developers.

Post August 12th, 2013, 6:05 pm

This game rox- didn't get it here since i already obtained it in some other bundle but this game rox if you are into tactical action games.

Hard to believe only 500+ purchases so far- spread the word ppl- this game deserves it!

+ Cool graphic
+ Close and Ranged combat
+ Great action
+ Lots of tactics
+ Active Pause
+ Crafting
+ TACTIC!
+ Several game modes
+ Multiplayer
+ TACTIC!!!
+ Zombies
+ Randomness
+ TACTIC!!!!!!!
+ Responsive Developer

Should i add anything more?

Post August 13th, 2013, 11:45 am

RobbinxDeHood wrote:
Bronxsta wrote:
Two questions:

Why wouldn't you just use the Desura key? Oh yeah, so that you can install a copy and still sell the other one. That is called piracy and you are stealing from the developers.

I disagree with you. When i get games here i dont use Desura keys right now too. Guess why? because if games appear in IR soon (as it was numerous times) this key will be wasted. In case i get second copy on IR i will be able to giveaway and even sell IGS key and that will not be piracy in even tiny bit.

Post August 13th, 2013, 4:03 pm

I love the polls you guys are adding to these :)

Post August 13th, 2013, 5:46 pm

mgnade wrote:

I thought I'd try out some questions to help you guys get more immediate feedback on the features. Although it could obviously benefit from more people participating... this one only has 5 or 6 voters, I suspect.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post August 13th, 2013, 7:32 pm

Anyone else having trouble setting up a MP match? First, I got a message about having to manually open a port. Which I did, and instead got the message NAT OK. So I thought I was set. Today, same issue again
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post August 13th, 2013, 8:49 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
mgnade wrote:

I thought I'd try out some questions to help you guys get more immediate feedback on the features. Although it could obviously benefit from more people participating... this one only has 5 or 6 voters, I suspect.

I voted once. So there are at least 6 voters.

Post August 14th, 2013, 8:19 am

Bronxsta wrote:
Anyone else having trouble setting up a MP match? First, I got a message about having to manually open a port. Which I did, and instead got the message NAT OK. So I thought I was set. Today, same issue again

Developer here.
Your router probably resets ports if they're not being used for a long time so yes it will require manually opening it every time it decides to reset.
The game uses UPnP to try to open ports automatically so see if that feature is enabled in your router. However even if it is enabled it might not work since there are hundreds of different routers and each of them deals with UPnP in their own way so for some it simply doesn't work and must always be done manually.

Post August 14th, 2013, 1:42 pm

FF56 wrote:
Bronxsta wrote:

Developer here.
Your router probably resets ports if they're not being used for a long time so yes it will require manually opening it every time it decides to reset.
The game uses UPnP to try to open ports automatically so see if that feature is enabled in your router. However even if it is enabled it might not work since there are hundreds of different routers and each of them deals with UPnP in their own way so for some it simply doesn't work and must always be done manually.

Uh I'm completely un-tech savvy. What is UPnP? And thanks for posting here

Post August 14th, 2013, 3:12 pm

Bronxsta wrote:
FF56 wrote:
Bronxsta wrote:

Developer here.

"UPnP allows any program to create a port mapping through the router"
So, basically it allows your software to open the ports it needs to. I use this feature for everything as manually opening ports can be tiresome. You can usually ping your router (ex. 192.168.1.1 or whatever IP you have for your router) and uPnP will be an option to turn on or off. Not all routers have the option though.

Post August 14th, 2013, 5:55 pm

Bronxsta wrote:
FF56 wrote:
Bronxsta wrote:

Developer here.

1. open 'command prompt' (press 'windows key'+'r', type 'cmd' in new window/box, press enter)
2. in 'command prompt' window (the one with text only and black background) type ipconfig/all, press 'enter' and wait for results
3. in 'command prompt' window results find an entry called 'default gateway'. You will see ip address listed there (often 192.168.0.1). Copy this address and type it into the web browser address field (don't use 'http://', just the ip digits with dots), press enter. This will open you router configuration page, you will have to use the password if you have any already set on the router
4. now the fun starts- you will need to find upnp option here- this is your router configuration page.
- you can use google search with your router model to find exact instructions where to find the setting.

Post August 14th, 2013, 7:29 pm

I'm interested in that Thank You bonus actually on top of SS. I BTA but I'm not sure where to look for the game in my library. Does it show up immediately (in which case there is a problem because it's not there) or will it come later (in which case I'll know to wait)

Edit: nevermind I'm an idiot. i see it under the "Extras" tab of SS. I'm so embarrassed now.
--
Just another second banana

Post November 8th, 2013, 2:24 pm

Now Available on Steam - Survivor Squad

Congratulations. 8-)

Post November 8th, 2013, 2:33 pm

Congrats
--
Just another second banana

Post November 8th, 2013, 7:35 pm

Phaerless wrote:
Now Available on Steam - Survivor Squad

Congratulations. 8-)

Thanks for the notice. Just redeemed the Steam key from my IGS wallet.

Post November 10th, 2013, 11:19 am

Nice to see that portuguese devs are rising up in the indie scene :)

Return to Featured Game Deals