Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Frogatto & Friends [Nov 3rd-7th]

Frogatto & Friends [Nov 3rd-7th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post November 4th, 2013, 1:30 am

Frogatto & Friends is a classic-style 2d adventure game, starring a certain quixotic frog. Frogatto is a side-on "platformer" or "jump and run" game, where you lead the titular character on a humdrum errand that turns into a daring adventure. Frogatto's key mechanic is an unusual twist; like any frog, he jumps, swims, and snags bugs with his tongue, but unlike any frog before him, can spit those bugs out with deadly force. Not merely an action game, frogatto is a full, classic adventure game, with characters to talk to, things to buy, puzzles to solve, and a wide, complex world to explore.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post November 4th, 2013, 4:12 am

The "FrogattoOST.zip" file is corrupt. IGS is aware of it, so save yourself 200MB of download until it's corrected.

Post November 4th, 2013, 7:00 am

Corrupt? Bummer.
I'll only be able to upload it again 10 hours from now.
Either way, if canj sees this - it's just a zip of our modules/frogatto/music folder; I suppose that's weird but not as weird as having the music in an unusual format just so you have to buy it from us to play it outside the game, I guess. :)

Post November 4th, 2013, 7:56 am

GREAT game, i recommend it to everyone. Feels like Yoshi's island (sorry, marcavis, i know you tired of it) with a lot of pretty unusual humor. Hand drawn picture, 16 bit scent overall.

I tends to drop a lot game not played even to half, but this one i played full and really enjoyed. Starting to become pretty hard closed to end, cannot call it casual.

BTW, marcavis, since you here, how is SDL2 adopting going?

Post November 4th, 2013, 8:20 am

I can second that, though I'm stuck kind of early. Trying to find the golden ant. :)

The game is fun, and controls quite well with an Xbox 360 controller.

Post November 4th, 2013, 8:31 am

I can say that golden ant is BEFORE hut where you got quest, you need to backtrack several areas back. And yeah, finishing ant quest will give you very useful weapon, so its worth it.

Post November 4th, 2013, 9:48 am

This game is so good. Really reminiscent of classics like Donkey Kong Country and Rayman. This is a great feature.

Also, here's some information on finding a golden ant.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post November 4th, 2013, 7:35 pm

Awesome game, absolutely a must buy! :)

Post November 28th, 2013, 6:33 am

OK, now is this game any different from a free game "Frogatto" that once was on Desura? Does the "& Friends" part mean that it has more content than "Frogatto"? I've already bought it, because I love it. I'm just wondering.

Post November 28th, 2013, 7:59 am

Froggato was for free only for some time during alpha state...its no more free. SO, yes, its evolved version of previously free Frogatto

Return to Featured Game Deals