Board index Gaming Indie Games NeonXSZ - 6DoF Reimagined: Would you like to see this on IGS

NeonXSZ - 6DoF Reimagined: Would you like to see this on IGS

Talk about all things indie gaming here

Introduction

In NeonXSZ (pronounced Neon Excesses) you are injected into cyberspace to stake your place in a war of virus verses machine. During your journey you will fly dozens of spaceships with hundreds of upgrades allowing you to create totally unique spacecraft with which to wage war. Will you protect the operating system or join the infection to bring it down?

NeonXSZ is our little homage to Descent combined with the frenetic adrenaline pumping feel and gameplay mechanics of Quake. Then add Diablo's loot explosions, rpg elements, leveling up, procedurally generated environments and enemies. Finish it all off with truly open-world gameplay inside a micro ecosystem of up to one thousand unique little AI dudes buzzing around getting into fights and doing their own thing.

In NeonXSZ, gamespeed, enemy damage and enemy intelligence are all customizable to suit everyone from a complete novice through to the most elite hardcore 6DoF veteran. You can even customize the look of the game itself.

Screenshots
Latest Trailer (1080p YouTube Link)

Yesterday we released this unusual one minute long 'Video Screenshot' to highlight the latest updates to the environmental details.
New Update Sneak Peek - Video Screenshot (1080p YouTube Link)

Free Demo (PC/Mac/Linux32/Linux64 all available)

If you would like to see NeonXSZ on IndieGameStand please let me know, and if you have any questions fire away. The game already offers well in excess of thirty hours of polished gameplay but is expected to exceed one hundred hours before completion. This is why it is still classed as an alpha at this stage of development.

Silly Question, this looks amazing and awesome at the same time.

This game has already been suggested (by me) for a feature here. Really glad to see you guys are interested! This game looks like an awesome cross between Metal Drift and Retrovirus. Count me in!

Please make it happen! :D
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Nice one guys. It's all about time management because I'm a solo indie dev. Organising updates and uploading them across 4 platforms (Win, Mac, linux32 and 64) is more time consuming than some might think. Also it's not like I can just skip uploading updates to one service if it the game isn't doing well there so I'm kinda testing the waters.

Adding the game to multiple digital services can eat into development time especially as NeonXSZ is knocking out updates about once a month and will be doing so for the foreseeable future.

I need a lacky to do the boring leg work for free :)

Intravenous wrote:
Nice one guys. It's all about time management because I'm a solo indie dev. Organising updates and uploading them across 4 platforms (Win, Mac, linux32 and 64) is more time consuming than some might think. Also it's not like I can just skip uploading updates to one service if it the game isn't doing well there so I'm kinda testing the waters.

Adding the game to multiple digital services can eat into development time especially as NeonXSZ is knocking out updates about once a month and will be doing so for the foreseeable future.

I need a lacky to do the boring leg work for free :)

I don't know about 'for free', but have you considered/heard about Bigger Boat? They handle all of the various portals for you and just take a cut from your sales.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

No I'd not heard of Bigger Boat. That's something to consider also. Thanks for the info.

Return to Indie Games