Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Fjords

Fjords

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game featured on IGS?

Yes
30%
No
30%
Maybe
10%
Store, not featured
20%
Store and featured
10%

Total votes : 10

Post November 1st, 2013, 11:43 pm

phpBB [video]

Title: Fjords
Developer: Kyle Reimergartin
$7+, https://gumroad.com/l/FJORDS

Fjords Is An Emergent Glitch Worlds Platformer Of Impossible, Hostile Landscapes

The story is that these scientists are destroying the world, so everything is fractured and corrupt. You can fall through four screens of complete black and wind up at what I presume is the bottom of the world, where you just continuously loop death until you reset back to a checkpoint. You can fall onto the tops of later parts of the game with no way inside. There are perplexing glitches warbling just out of reach. You have to work out which ‘hacks’ you need to turn on and which you need off to make it to your next location, and then try to execute the method you’ve worked out how to get there.

And somewhere, among this completely open glitch world, there are scientists waiting for their pizza.

Fjords is a game in which you pretend to hack into the game and its world to alter it so that you can surpass it. There’s no single solution to each of the screens as you can experiment with true and false settings and end up with different ways to navigate the world. Some do involve more skill than others. Fjords never explains itself.

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post November 1st, 2013, 11:50 pm

What The Fuck. :roll:

Post November 2nd, 2013, 10:30 am

Interesting premise. Will be following this one. +1
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post January 3rd, 2014, 12:55 am

Bumping this for great justice. ;)
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post January 3rd, 2014, 1:29 am

Impressions from a friend and fellow indie gamer on NeoGAF:

Anyone of you liked Starseed Pilgrim? Same basic premise, you are exploring this game but dont know ANYTHING and need to find out what to do, where to do it and how the game reacts to your actions. Its mysterious and can be considered a big "puzzle" where you are tasked with finding out how to navigate/progress through this world. Everything is held simple, from graphics to sounds, but the dev put enough polish into it so it doesnt feel "cheap" by any means. Surprisingly mystifying animations, really well done soundtrack design and the dev fully succeeded in giving the players several tools to explore the world, which feel rewarding to figure out.
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post January 3rd, 2014, 2:37 am

Wow, yes, this looks as a great mind-blower.
thanks Bronxsta
steam acc: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074769015/
desura acc: http://www.desura.com/members/lurtzcz
cat in my avatar is called Wendy. (and it is male, "Wendy" sounds gender-neutral in Czech)

Post January 3rd, 2014, 5:39 am

what OS and platforms are this on? no mention in OP and I'm too lazy to click stuff. Those things need to be on all game suggestion posts.

Return to Game Suggestions