Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Aaru's Awakening

Aaru's Awakening

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, please!
77%
Undecided.
8%
No, I hate cool games.
15%

Total votes : 13

Post August 9th, 2013, 10:08 pm

Game: Aaru's Awakening
Developer: Lumenox
Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
Distribution: Unknown

Please support this game on Steam's Greenlight!

Check out the demo for PC and Mac!

"Aaru's Awakening is a hand drawn 2D action platformer. You are the champion of Dawn, Aaru. As you complete missions and explore the world of Lumenox, you must make the most of Aaru's highly mobile skills, teleportation and charging.

The world of Lumenox consists of a balance between Dawn, Day, Dusk and Night. But the balance is being compromised, a dark menace unlike anything this world has ever seen is fast approaching from the domain of Night. As a last hope Dawn sends out his champion, Aaru, to travel all the way to Night’s domain and restore balance. It is up to you to save the world of Lumenox.

Aaru's Awakening takes place in Lumenox - a fictional universe controlled by four entities. The world of Lumenox is created with a transcendent, dreamy art style that is completely drawn by hand. The music is carefully crafted to further your experience with dreamy hymns, that capture the mood of the game. The storyline is expressed through cinematic cut scenes. Everything is created to deliver the unique experience of the world of Lumenox.

Aaru's mobile skills are at the center of the gameplay - as he can both charge and teleport. These two elements are at the heart of every level design and intertwine to make up for a challenging and fluid experience.

Key Features:
  • Hand drawn art - Unique art style drawn completely by hand.
  • Compelling Story - Artistic narrated cut-scenes.
  • Dreamy Music - Dreamy hymns that immerse you into the Lumenox world
  • Lumenox Residents - Otherworldly inhabitants - who are full of strange agendas, such as extreme hunger for light, slime fetish and electricity lust. "

phpBB [video]
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post August 10th, 2013, 1:24 am

Wow, this looks cool, and the art is amazing. On the other hand, watching the video I get the sense that this is one of those games that would frustrate the bejeezus out of me. Looks worth picking up if it gets offered here.

Post August 10th, 2013, 11:06 am

Nice suggestion! I think beautiful drawn backgrounds are a instant pro-feeling for me!

Post September 17th, 2013, 9:58 am

The developer has expressed interest in a feature here!

Post September 17th, 2013, 10:45 am

"Demo

Thank you for showing interest in Aaru's Awakening! Unfortunately we have taken the Alpha demo offline as we felt it did not give an accurate representation of the final version.

We hope you can enjoy our trailers and screenshots until the final release.

Thanks,
Lumenox Games "
Dont sounds great...

Post October 30th, 2013, 1:37 pm

Aaru's Awakening now has a playable demo!

Check it out on the official site!

Post October 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm

And the demo is awesome. Sold on this now
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post December 7th, 2013, 11:26 pm

You can pre-order this game now on their site using the humble widget, which is a good sign the game will be DRM-Free!

Post January 3rd, 2014, 11:51 am

The developers have just posted some new screenshots of the Domain of Night. Check it out!

Post January 28th, 2014, 1:45 pm

There's a new trailer out, and it looks excellent. Check it out here.

phpBB [video]

Return to Game Suggestions