Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Lets stop suggesting games from "upcoming" section on Desura

Lets stop suggesting games from "upcoming" section on Desura

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Helllo, guys. Lately i noticed that many, many games suggested here is actually in newly released or upcoming games on Desura. Not like i against Desura (nobody can say that) but practice of just reposting here all new stuff on Desura somehow makes whole suggestion idea to be pointless. There is a lot of already released good games on desura and other sources too. How about digging in them?

This probably happens because there is now a prize, if you post the game first on here and it gets featured you get the game.
I think that's why people keep adding everything. It's a good stimulant to keep the forum active.

Phaerless wrote:
This probably happens because there is now a prize, if you post the game first on here and it gets featured you get the game.
I think that's why people keep adding everything. It's a good stimulant to keep the forum active.

I didn't know that. That's cool
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

But from "suggest good game" this idea degrades "lets post all i see, maybe i will be lucky and get something for free".

Yep, that is the negative effect.

Toyotame wrote:
But from "suggest good game" this idea degrades "lets post all i see, maybe i will be lucky and get something for free".

Well an unreleased games I've posted, has been because it seems interested or deserves some more attention. But the possible free game is a cool perk
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Yes, i never said that these games is bad or that they dont need any attention, but there is a lot of games already selling, which deserve attention too.
I mean, guys, its just LAZY to repost games you seen in upcoming and new. Its like taking cream from surface. Not even mentioning that its often stupid to expect newly released game on PWYW deal.

I'm tending to agree with Toyo on this.
Let's keep mindless reposting limited to Reddit and Steam Community Groups.

BUT. There's not actually anything in stone about this section being limited to
alpha/beta/unreleased games so any line drawn is likely to be fuzzy at best.

If you 'ban' anything from the 'upcoming' and 'newly released' sections of
wherever, then almost any source of info is out >waves ban-hammer at Greenlight<

I disagree with the whole premise behind this thread. I really enjoy that up and coming Desura games appear on IGS.

It's not that newly released games or about-to-be
released games are suggested at all that is the point
here at all.
It's the point that almost ALL suggestions are
parroted almost straight from these sections. It's like
people are unable to look past the first page of their
game clients anymore to suggest actually new games.

This of course beyond the 'i wish this expensive game
was up for grabs for a buck' suggestions of course.
It's unlikely that a game that sells/try to launch for say
20USD will hop on the IGS bandwagon for much less gain.

Return to Game Suggestions