Board index Community Developers Game Cards & IGS Keys

Game Cards & IGS Keys

Developer interviews, feedback, FAQs, Blogs Etc

Post October 20th, 2013, 1:06 pm

For PAX East (and a few other conferences) we printed up game download cards as a promotional item.

Now that developers can generate their own IGS keys, I thought there may be times that they would want to use our card template to print out cards for conferences etc. You could even potentially sell your game cards at PAX and other game expos.

You can download our game card template here (Adobe InDesign):
gamecardexample.zip
(2.58 MiB) Downloaded 75 times

We used Adobe InDesign, but all you need to do is generate and place your own game image on the card and then contact a printer that can do variable printing. You'll need to generate a unique IGS key for each card and save them all into a txt file to give to the printer.

If any developers need help, please let us know!

Post October 20th, 2013, 2:14 pm

oh wow. I enterred the key printed on the game card template with Gnomoria just for shits & giggles and I recieved a copy of Escape Goat :shock:

I didn't think it would actually work, but now I have this game with a Desura & Steamkey and the Extras too.
I'm sorry about that, I didn't activate or download anything. I hope this can be undone, I don't want anybody else to not recieve this game, because I cheated.

Post October 20th, 2013, 2:26 pm

Hah, I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty confident Mike and co. do this intentionally. How could they not expect people to try and unlock the keys exposed in this topic? Did anyone try the Spaz one above?

Post October 20th, 2013, 5:46 pm

This is the raddest thing ever.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post October 20th, 2013, 7:14 pm

Great idea, have been thinking about doing something like this for a while.

Any printing service recommendations?

Post October 20th, 2013, 7:24 pm

This is too cool. Glad that keys can be generated now.

EDIT: I got bored...

Post December 24th, 2013, 8:35 pm

This is very cool. We wanted to do something like this at PAX East 2013 but either we failed to explain what we wanted to our printer or we need a printer who can handle this.

Who did you use for printing?

We ended up manually copying and pasting 500 codes onto card templates. Not fun.
Michael Hartman
Frogdice
Our Worlds, Your Imagination
http://www.frogdice.com

Post January 3rd, 2014, 1:16 pm

We used a local printer in Delaware: CANN Printing

Post January 11th, 2014, 4:58 am

mgnade wrote:
We used a local printer in Delaware: CANN Printing

Thanks!
Michael Hartman
Frogdice