Developed by Moment Studio
In development, vehicle builder demo availableOfficial Site
| TIGForum Devlog
| Greenlight Concepts
Scraps is a vehicle combat game where you build a vehicle from parts, and where success lies just as much in designing a well-crafted vehicle as in your combat skills. It’s about competitive creativity, and having fun while making horrible design decisions.
Scraps is sort of like building a vehicle in LEGO Racers except that when you build your vehicle, every part actually does something and has mass and aerodynamics, instead of the result being mostly cosmetic. It’s something like Robot Wars, except you drive what you’ve created directly.
Scraps lets you create a vehicle that’s great or a vehicle that sucks. Maybe your vehicle falls over when it corners or doesn’t have enough power to fire its weapons – that’s okay. It gives you a lot of power over what you’re creating. At the same time, it tries to avoid needless complexity like wiring components together, and tries to keep things intuitive. When you take out other players, you can scavenge from their destroyed parts too.Developer's planned/potenial features:
- Armour (physical, energy shield around vehicle, shaped armour for aesthetic cover parts)
- Blocks (extenders, streamlining, ballast, wedge shape like a cowcatcher)
- Cooling (passive, active). Always-on or press button to use.
- Movement (engines, thrusters, brakes, anti-roll module for turning (stabiliser bars), anti-roll module for air (keep flat), clip-on stabiliser wheels)
- Power (generators, capacitors)
- Weapons (fixed & turret, projectile & ray, rocket normal & homing) - + “droppers” like mines etc + melee (spikes, jackhammer), harpoon? Laser weapons could fire continuously (while using lots of power)
- Misc (HUD improvements e.g. radar, showing where weapon will hit taking into account current velocity, radar jammer, scope, headlights for night maps?, side stabilisers (prevent tipping over when shooting big guns))Builder Demo available here
"You can now try out an early pre-alpha builder release where you can try building a vehicle and driving it around the test map!"