Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Sky Nations [Oct 19th-22nd]

Sky Nations [Oct 19th-22nd]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post October 19th, 2013, 9:23 am

About
Sky Nations is a multiplayer sandbox game set in a world of floating islands and air ships. Players can construct air ships as they adventure across procedural maps full of different islands and structures. Each island type containing different materials and loot which can be crafted into useful items for your ship and character. Players can band together to form Nations in order create bases and fleets of ships cooperatively and fight in large scale battles with other Nations and lone pirates.

Features
- Build Airships and partake in Airship battles.
- Explore a large procedural open world full of different islands both unique in aesthetic and resources found there.
- Create custom wearable items with the Item Sculpter in game.
- Board and fight enemy players on land and ship with guns and melee weapons.
- Craft items including radars, guns and many other devices for your ships.
- Modifiable player skins and texture packs to make it your own experience.
- Group up with other players as a Nation to claim land and ships.
- Player hosted dedicated servers.
- C# server mod API - Server owners can create a custom experience making their server truly unique. - coming soon
- Both friendly and aggressive Non-playable Characters(NPC). - coming soon
- Regular bi-weekly updates to content and features.

Please note Sky Nations is still in development. You will receive updates for free until the game is completed.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post October 19th, 2013, 9:41 am

Already bought the game from the $2.50 Sale you had, I think alot did. ;)

BTW if you can get it now you should, because I know alot of people like these kind of crafting games. When this game blows up you already got it for less what the developer(s) gonna ask in the future so you can play it with your friends right away.

The dev loves his game, it is still in alpha so he will make much more progress on it. you will get a steam key if you buy it on IGS and it gets greenlit. I don't see why you won't get it.
You can play it with your friends, or you can make new friends in the game!
Last edited by Phaerless on October 19th, 2013, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 19th, 2013, 9:50 am

First thing to ask - what means absence of DRM-free mark
Second - no Desura keys?
And third - BTA bonus exists in which way? Dowanloadable file or its in-game key or something?

Post October 19th, 2013, 10:58 am

Toyotame wrote:
First thing to ask - what means absence of DRM-free mark
Second - no Desura keys?

Not sure about the third, but I can answer these two:

It's not DRM-Free because you have to be logged into a valid game account to play. Your IGS purchase comes with a key you can redeem to activate an account.

Second, there's no Desura keys because unfortunately that would end up giving you another activation code. So if they offered Desura keys, everyone who bought it here would be getting two accounts for the price of one.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post October 19th, 2013, 11:28 am

But that basically means, that there is no real reason to pay even 1$ to get that key. I mean, i dont see how absence of Desura keys help them if you can get another purchase for, like 0.30$ (cruel, but possible). And why they didnt made game keys working on Desura like Zigfrak?

Post October 19th, 2013, 12:28 pm

I don't know if I should get this game. Is this completely multiplayer only? Then I will probably pass. Even tho I enjoy playing multiplayer games, I prefer to play through some kind of singleplayer mode first, and then decide if I want to go online.

Toyotame wrote:
But that basically means, that there is no real reason to pay even 1$ to get that key.

In case of the game getting on Steam, this will become important I guess.

Post October 19th, 2013, 2:52 pm

I bought this full price on Desura a while back. It was way to graphic heavy to run on my laptop. Couldn't play it. I was pretty shocked. Don't buy unless you have a gaming PC.

Post October 19th, 2013, 2:53 pm

Disappointed at no Desura keys. King Arthur's Gold had an activation key and Desura key and they still managed to make it work on their Indie Game Stand deal.

Think I'll be sitting this one out. I prefer to have my games attached to a client with updates where I have most of the rest of my games. There's no guarantee it will get into Steam so Desura is the next best thing for me.

Post October 19th, 2013, 2:56 pm

wimmi wrote:
In case of the game getting on Steam, this will become important I guess.

Only if you really going to wait when it MAYBE get grinlit.

Post October 19th, 2013, 4:43 pm

I'm sure Ben can upload Desura keys if he wants to...

As far as not paying at least $1.00 for the game....lets try and remember why we are here. Support the games, support the scene.

This game is amazing, getting it for $1 is an absolute steal. If you are still unsure if to buy this game, the interview with had with the developer will be up tomorrow. It might change your mind!
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post October 19th, 2013, 4:52 pm

Motoki wrote:
Disappointed at no Desura keys. King Arthur's Gold had an activation key and Desura key and they still managed to make it work on their Indie Game Stand deal.

Think I'll be sitting this one out. I prefer to have my games attached to a client with updates where I have most of the rest of my games. There's no guarantee it will get into Steam so Desura is the next best thing for me.

I agree with you about updates, but Sky Nations is downloadable as a launcher, which automatically updates the game when you run it. Next next best thing?
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post October 19th, 2013, 5:20 pm

canj wrote:
As far as not paying at least $1.00 for the game....lets try and remember why we are here. Support the games, support the scene.

Not like i telling that peoples SHOULD do it, but they CAN do it. We all know it.
All i wanted to say that their reason to not include keys becomes pointless considering nature of deal.

Also, Canj, can you tell about BTA bonus? is it come in-game content key or files which you download and use in some way? I just trying to discover nature of this game, cause in-game content is pretty bad sign of "donat" and microtransactions.

Post October 19th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Hi.

If i bought the game in IndieGameStand i go to receive Steam Key when the game is in Steam ??. Thanks.

Post October 19th, 2013, 8:40 pm

SargentoTITO wrote:
Hi.

If i bought the game in IndieGameStand i go to receive Steam Key when the game is in Steam ??. Thanks.

Yes, you will reveive a steamkey in your IGS Wallet if it's greenlit.

Post October 19th, 2013, 8:43 pm

Phaerless wrote:
SargentoTITO wrote:
Hi.

Yes, you will reveive a steamkey in your IGS Wallet if it's greenlit.

Perfect Thanks :D

Post October 20th, 2013, 2:16 am

I put up a server around launch called igs unofficial server that shows in the list. I'll keep it up at least until the feature ends. 99 unique players have joined the server since launch.

Post October 20th, 2013, 8:04 am

thumbs up for desura codes since its on desura and i'm pretty sure this is the first time a game on desura that is on sale on IGS doesn't come with desura codes. :O 2012 the mayans dude

Post October 20th, 2013, 9:26 am

PlayerReview wrote:
I put up a server around launch called igs unofficial server that shows in the list. I'll keep it up at least until the feature ends. 99 unique players have joined the server since launch.

I joined it first to give it a try, even though no one else was on it. I'm not sure if it was lag or what, but it spawned me halfway in the ground and I couldn't go forward or jump up high enough to get out of it.

So I tried the developer's server instead and that worked much better. It said there were 15 people on the server but I only ever saw one. The game is a little laggy on my PC (which is modest, 2.5GHz dual core, 9800GT). It played well though, for a game that's relatively early in development.

I too am in the "wish it had a Desura key" camp. Though it's not a deal breaker, obviously.

Oh, and as for the BTA extra skins, they're just image files included in a ZIP archive with a readme.txt file telling you where to install them. Easy.

Post October 20th, 2013, 4:25 pm

If you ever spawn in the ground, you can go "enter" to bring up console and /die... it will respawn you in a normal place. Sorry for the lag :)

Also, you can /who to find out the names of people on the server.

http://wiki.skynations.net/doku.php?id=commands

Regarding Desura, although I understand the logic behind not including them, I would like to see them too as we did with games like King Arthur's Gold. I guess the concern, which was the same for KAG, is you'd be getting two keys... the Desura one generates a new key as they are not bound to the one you get standalone, so you get two copies. But, it would be nice to be trusted with having the option to have it on Desura too.

Post October 21st, 2013, 11:24 pm

the two keys thing definitely didn't hurt the sales of KAG did it? I know it sold a lot on IGS but did it underperform in any way?

No Desura key is weird because the game is on Desura. Promising a Steam key when the game isn't on Steam is even weirder in my opinion.

Next

Return to Featured Game Deals