Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions 140

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game featured on IGS?

Yes
56%
No
No votes
Maybe
No votes
On the store, not featured
44%
Store and featured
No votes

Total votes : 9

Post October 16th, 2013, 11:46 am

phpBB [video]

Title: 140
Developer - Jeppe Carlsen, lead gameplay designer for Playdead's Limbo.
http://www.game140.com/
$5, Steam

140 is a challenging minimalistic platformer with abstract colorful graphics. Rhythmic awareness is required to overcome obstacles controlled by an energetic, yet melancholic electronic soundtrack.

The game won the IGF 2013 award for Excellence in Audio, and got honorable mention in Technical Excellence.
---
Edge review
140 is a magnetically moreish experience: delicately balanced and well thought-out. If this is what the programmer can achieve during the downtime from his day job, Playdead’s enigmatic second project can’t come soon enough.

IGN review
140 is a masterful, mentally stimulating platformer with a distinct visual and aural style. Its reflexive navigation is intrinsically tied to its awesome synth soundtrack, and its challenging levels are simple yet satisfying. At just one hour long, it’s about the length of an album rather than a game. Like a good record, though, 140 is worth throwing on repeat.
---
Last edited by Bronxsta on October 16th, 2013, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post October 16th, 2013, 2:44 pm

Not sure why, but the trailer doesn't do much for me. Still, I'm sure it's great.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post October 16th, 2013, 3:37 pm

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post October 16th, 2013, 3:46 pm

Its on steam now as a finalist of the IGF awards, like some previous ones like Gone Home, MirrorMoon EP and Kentucky Route Zero, Cart Life and Starseed Pilgrim, FTL, Little Inferno (maybe some ideas for IGS ;) )

And in the discussion forums its a bit on heat because its too short - 1hr gameplay, but everyone says the music is great :)

Post October 16th, 2013, 3:48 pm

you beat me, took too long to write the post :D

If they offered the OST I'd buy them on IGS if featured.

Post October 16th, 2013, 3:53 pm

nullzero wrote:
Its on steam now as a finalist of the IGF awards, like some previous ones like Gone Home, MirrorMoon EP and Kentucky Route Zero, Cart Life and Starseed Pilgrim, FTL, Little Inferno (maybe some ideas for IGS ;) )

And in the discussion forums its a bit on heat because its too short - 1hr gameplay, but everyone says the music is great :)

Quality over quantity. I like 100 hour open world RPGs as much as anyone else, but what's better than a well crafted experience without filler?

Return to Game Suggestions