Board index IndieGameStand Store [Poll] Most important Store Feature

[Poll] Most important Store Feature

Official thread for the IGS Store

What's the most important feature that needs to be added to the store?

User Reviews (Can only vote if own the game)
31%
Wishlist / Save game for later
31%
DRM Free icon in Game list
15%
Game Recommendation Engine (based on game wallet and your reviews)
No votes
File & system information displayed on store pages
No votes
Allow Free Games in Store
15%
Add Game Demos to Store
No votes
Paysafecard / Bitcoin / more payment options
8%

Total votes : 13

Post October 13th, 2013, 3:33 pm

If/when a wishlist feature is implemented, an option to get email notifications when a game in your wishlist goes on sale would be sweet. Here's an example, from GamersGate, which has one labeled "Alert me on price drops":

Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post October 13th, 2013, 3:53 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
If/when a wishlist feature is implemented, an option to get email notifications when a game in your wishlist goes on sale would be sweet. Here's an example, from GamersGate, which has one labeled "Alert me on price drops":

Totally support it! I used this feature several time and its sure great to be notified of sale.

Post October 14th, 2013, 1:00 am

Toyotame wrote:
GnomeSlice wrote:

Totally support it! I used this feature several time and its sure great to be notified of sale.

Seconded, I've made at least half a dozen purchases on Gamersgate in the last year because of this feature. I might have missed the sales otherwise if I'd not gotten their e-mail alerts on price drops.

Post October 15th, 2013, 4:03 am

Post by Duck » October 2nd, 2013, 11:28 pm

Wishlist for me. As the Store grows, it's going to be more and more painful
to keep track of what you want/liked. Add something like a price-drop notice
to it and it's a winner for me.

I'm again seconding myself here :twisted:

I use the feature on Steam Mobile, Gamersgate (but useless to me), IsThereAnyDeal and several others.
Saves time, leads to most my purchases of games I was putting on temp hold for some reason.

Post October 15th, 2013, 4:52 am

Zorder wrote:
johnki wrote:
One of the glaring omissions for me was the omission of a countdown timer for time remaining on a sale.

This would be a great addition.

Agreed.. countdown timer on sales.

Post October 16th, 2013, 12:27 pm

Yes agree with Player and others on needing a countdown on sale timer for storefront.
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    The Floor Is Jelly
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post October 16th, 2013, 3:05 pm

Just an update on things - we're going to work on some A/B tests on the front page (small changes), then countdown timer for sales. Wishlist is the number 1 "bigger" project - but that's a much more involved process but we'll share mockups etc. with you guys as we work on it.

Post October 20th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Just saw the update for game cards with printable 'coupon/game codes' in the dev portal (AWESOME btw ^^)

Would it be a thought to implement a same-ish principle to us, the plebeians as gift cards? In other words, could
you tie a code to an amount rather than an actual game to a gift card?

That way we could buy somebody a coupon for say 20 USD to spend @ IGS rather than gifting a copy of a
game they might not like.

I can't really think of a co-competitor which does this to be fair, so could even work as a marketing gimmick ;)

Post October 20th, 2013, 4:01 pm

Duck wrote:
I can't really think of a co-competitor which does this to be fair, so could even work as a marketing gimmick ;)

GooglePlay?

Post October 20th, 2013, 4:44 pm

Duck wrote:
That way we could buy somebody a coupon for say 20 USD to spend @ IGS rather than gifting a copy of a
game they might not like.

I like this idea, although I can think of a couple of competitors that do similar things. Steam has the Steam Wallet and GamersGate has 'Blue Coins'.

As I said though, I like this idea, but I'm not sure it's really worth trying to implement this early. But what do I know. ;)

Post October 20th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Post by Toyotame » 53 minutes ago

Luckily Google hardly sells PC games so not relevant.
Can't say that I even know anybody apart from the
Don't Starve pre-orderers that you could.

Post by GnomeSlice » 9 minutes ago

They use store credit which is limited to personal use
only. You can buy others something with it, but you
can't give it. Amazon does do 'store credit coupons'
but then they do everything short of nukes-by-mail-
order >..<

Post October 21st, 2013, 11:48 am

When i mentioned Google Play i was talking about their Gift cards which allows you to purchase stuff in Play Store. And GooglePlay is, ofc, not same as sites which use Google Wallet as payment processor (like IGS). Nevermind, it was joke suggestion.

As for question, sure, why no...through i personally never understood such gift cards - its like gifting money, but money that can be spend in only one store.
GnomeSlice wrote:
GamersGate has 'Blue Coins'.

As mentioned above, Blue Coins, as well as ShinyLoot credits is just internal store credit which is used only internally, to force customers return and purchase more.

Post October 21st, 2013, 1:19 pm

Post by Toyotame » Today, 5:48 pm

I did reckon you were joking with the whole appstore thing but heck,
figured you to be too serious for that, sorry :oops:

As to the uses of it, well I can't say I like to get or gift them myself but
it always seems like a fair amount of people do.
It's exactly like giving money, I agree, but cheaper to give
(think the oddly HUGE paypal charges eg) and it at least shows you
put SOME effort in to guessing after a gift :P

Post October 24th, 2013, 5:30 pm

Here's a picture of my working mockup of our user reviews and community features. Obviously this mockup expands beyond just a user review system and is really about expanding our indie community and borrows elements from reddit, metacritic, and more. You'll also notice that we want to accept youtube video submissions (reviews and let's plays) - these videos will play in a pop-up when clicked. Obviously the top tabs will filter all of these community features so you can just look at reviews or videos if you like.

10-24-2013 5-24-02 PM.png
10-24-2013 5-24-02 PM.png (128.78 KiB) Viewed 895 times

Feedback is appreciated.

Post October 24th, 2013, 5:37 pm

I like the idea, that user can only write reviews or set scores when owning the game.

Post October 24th, 2013, 5:39 pm

That's what the up/down voting is for...

Post October 24th, 2013, 5:50 pm

mgnade wrote:
Feedback is appreciated.

This looks rad. Will there be an option for developers to recieve notifications about new comments on their game? This could make asking questions and things a little nicer, and have more chance of being answered.

I'm not entirely sure I like the up/down voting thing. People are allowed to have their opinions, and if a negative review gets downvoted into oblivion due to disagreement, people probably aren't going to put much stock in what it has to say.

However, if you did go this way, an option to sort reviews by score might be a nice addition. Any plans for that?

Post October 24th, 2013, 5:58 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
mgnade wrote:
Feedback is appreciated.
I'm not entirely sure I like the up/down voting thing. People are allowed to have their opinions, and if a negative review gets downvoted into oblivion due to disagreement, people probably aren't going to put much stock in what it has to say.

I would like to believe most people here are smart enough not to downvote a review, just because they disagree with it.

Post October 24th, 2013, 6:06 pm

Am I blind, or is there no way to Sort the game list while browsing?

At least sort by Price would be very useful - say I'm in the mood to spend $1 or $2 right now.

EpicBundle wrote:
I like the idea, that user can only write reviews or set scores when owning the game.

There's an issue with that - what if you own the game outside of IGS, like many of us do? At the very least Steam offers single sign-on so you could link your IGS profile to Steams and IGS could find out which Steam games you own.

I don't think Desura has anything of the sort, unfortunately.

Post October 24th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Wishlist / Save game for later. this is far way more important than reviews, if someone can't decide on his own(with the information avaiable on the site or search on google or let's play or whatever) whether to buy a game or not, chances are he/she is not going to buy it.

PreviousNext

Return to Store