Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Patent Blaster

Patent Blaster

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would You Support This Game For IGS?

Yes
10%
No
70%
Don't Know
20%

Total votes : 10

Post October 15th, 2013, 1:33 am

Trailer: Patent Blaster IndieDB Gameplay Trailer

Game: Patent Blaster
Platform: PC/Mac/Linux (DRM-free)
Developer: David Stark

Game Description:
Patent Blaster? Let's just say I'm not very fond of the patent system. My way of dealing: making Patent Blaster, a sidescrolling explodey kind of game based on awful patent art come to life. Your mission: invalidate those patents using any means necessary.
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    The Floor Is Jelly
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post October 16th, 2013, 12:50 am

Normally I'm not a real stickler for graphics if the game is fun. That comes from too many years playing ASCII character based Roguelikes and BBS door games. But this game looks like it was made using graphics stolen from one of the clip art collections from Borland's 1989 program "The Print Shop".

Other than that the jump and shoot mechanics are vaguely reminiscent of one of the greatest arcade games of all time... Moon Patrol. But I just can't get past the graphics on this one. I had to vote no.

Post October 16th, 2013, 11:14 am

oogla wrote:
Normally I'm not a real stickler for graphics if the game is fun. That comes from too many years playing ASCII character based Roguelikes and BBS door games. But this game looks like it was made using graphics stolen from one of the clip art collections from Borland's 1989 program "The Print Shop".

Other than that the jump and shoot mechanics are vaguely reminiscent of one of the greatest arcade games of all time... Moon Patrol. But I just can't get past the graphics on this one. I had to vote no.

Basically ditto for me to everything you just said. It might be fun but I have no interest in playing it looking like that.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Return to Game Suggestions