Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions [Store Suggestion] Didgery

[Store Suggestion] Didgery

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, I'd buy it here
50%
Yes, but I wouldn't buy it
30%
I do not think it should be added
20%

Total votes : 10

Post October 14th, 2013, 6:17 pm

So, you made it to store? Good luck :)

Post October 14th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Toyotame wrote:
So, you made it to store? Good luck

Yup, and thanks!

Post October 14th, 2013, 9:31 pm

So does the build on IGS have any of the new changes implemented yet? If yes, is it completed, or is there still more to come?
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post October 14th, 2013, 10:48 pm

Yo GnomeSlice,

Yes, a number of changes have been made to Didgery since the previous version. For one, the much requested Zen mode is now implemented. This allows casual players to play the game without pressure of a time limit or appearance of the dreaded skullface. What Didgery once was (battling against an evil curse by chaining together cards and restoring the elements) has been placed into Nightmare Mode, which can be unlocked through play of Zen Mode. This allows players to become familiar with the game before playing the much more challenging Nightmare Mode. If players don't care for Nightmare Mode they can always go back and relax in Zen Mode.

The gameplay is tightened up a good bit. Levels have been removed in favor of an infinite gameplay mechanic. As soon as the deck empties it automatically refills. This helps Didgery feel much more natural and smooth.

The core gameplay graphics are redone. This includes the cards, deck area, and game board.

The tutorial is dramatically improved. It is now a short learn-by-example that gets the player understanding the game mechanics very quickly. The help screens apply this learn-by-example technique as well. In the previous version if you unlocked a special card you would be presented with a description and a static image of how to use it. It is much easier to see, rather than be told, however, so the help now displays real-time examples of the newly unlocked card in use.

The core goal with this release was to remove many of the barriers that stood in the way of people actually enjoying Didgery. The core game should be more fun and approachable now (I hope!) The big additions are coming in a later update. I plan to add in Battle Mode (a one-on-one multiplayer deathmatch sort of deal), various unlockables (different board sizes, card skins, artifacts), more RPG elements in Nightmare Mode (upgrades to the elements to make them more resistant to the curse, potions, items that can be crafted from previously founded artifacts), additional Status Cards, and relaxing 3D backdrops and nature sounds in Zen Mode. I plan to release all of this along with the Linux release, so it will be sometime in early 2014 before all these additions make it in. It's worth noting that the price will jump a bit with that release, so the earlier one grabs up Didgery the better :)

Previous

Return to Game Suggestions