Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Daedalus

Daedalus

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, and feature it!
83%
I'd like it in the store, but not featured
17%
Undecided
No votes
No, it's not for me
No votes
Guns are dumb
No votes

Total votes : 6

Post October 8th, 2013, 11:59 am

Game: Daedalus
Developer: deathpat
Platforms: Windows, Mac Linux
Greenlight
Daedalus is a multi-player top down arena shooter. It is inspired by games such as Quake 3 and Unreal tournament in terms of game modes and gameplay, and also by the old Alien Breed games for the top down 2D view.

The control scheme is the same as for a first person shooter, so it is very easy for someone used to play any FPS to gain skill in Daedalus. Another alternate control scheme is also available in the options: it is quite the same as Alien Swarm's one, with a fixed camera ( no rotation ), and a mouse cursor to aim and shoot.

Daedalus is mostly a multi-player game, but will also propose single player action versus bots. Different game modes will be available:

Single-player
  • Score game: try to make the highest score versus bots and compare your score with other players
  • Skirmish: pick your map, game mode, bots ... and fight!
Multi-player
  • Death-match
  • Team death-match
  • Capture the flag
  • more to come ...

The multi-player model of Daedalus is the same as the one used in the old FPS games like Quake 3: there is no main server that you have to connect to in order to play on internet. I will provide some servers but in fact anyone will be able to run his own server. Running a server on a LAN will not require an internet access.

The game will also come with a map editor so that anyone will be able to create and share his own maps. I hop to be able to release it by the end of the year. :)

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post October 8th, 2013, 12:00 pm

Posting because an Alpha demo is now available.

Check it out here
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post October 8th, 2013, 12:04 pm

This looks really cool. Voting yes and would definitely like to see this in the store
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post October 8th, 2013, 1:11 pm

Seems this type of game is the new hype..

Generally like the look of it though so has my blessing as long as that horrid music isn't in when I play >..<

Return to Game Suggestions