Yes, but it's not for me
11%
No
67%

Total votes : 9

Post October 2nd, 2013, 12:55 pm

Very reminiscent of Minecraft....
phpBB [video]

TerraZone an action RPG survival/adventure voxel-based game. Terra Zone is game about wars, adventuring and doing some survival with your Oreo Minions. And defeat those Goblins, Orcs, Dragons... As all monsters are medieval weapons are also going to be medieval. Some of em are going to be equipable and some are not cuz they are going to be multi-block structure.

Post October 2nd, 2013, 1:11 pm

If by 'reminiscent' you mean 'shamelessly ripping off', then yes. I'm not one of those guys who goes around hating on voxelly games, or calls them all Minecraft clones (I really like Sky Nations, for example), but the only thing 'new' I saw in this entire trailer was the weird little box creatures with the hammers. And then there's the writing in the description, which is both uninformative and full of bad grammar.
TerraZone an action RPG survival/adventure voxel-based game. Terra Zone is game about wars, adventuring and doing some survival with your Oreo Minions. And defeat those Goblins, Orcs, Dragons... As all monsters are medieval weapons are also going to be medieval. Some of em are going to be equipable and some are not cuz they are going to be multi-block structure.

I'm leaning towards a no on this one, but Sky Nations has proved that you can't necessarily judge a voxel game by its cover.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post October 2nd, 2013, 1:23 pm

Way too close to Minecraft. I'd practically call it a clone. So, "No, it lacks the quality I expect for the IGS store"

And I have nothing against voxel games, but this looks like more of a shameless ripoff than anything else
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post October 2nd, 2013, 1:28 pm

echoing my sentiments - helpful as always guys

The water does look nice though

Post October 2nd, 2013, 2:10 pm

Developer response to Minecraft clone:

No, my game is not minecraft clone only thing that is same about Terra Zone and Minecraft is voxel based world. In my game you build your minion army and fight other monsters and on the other hand minecraft is survival game. If you need more info let me know.

Post October 2nd, 2013, 2:21 pm

mgnade wrote:
Developer response to Minecraft clone:

No, my game is not minecraft clone only thing that is same about Terra Zone and Minecraft is voxel based world. In my game you build your minion army and fight other monsters and on the other hand minecraft is survival game. If you need more info let me know.

That sounds nice, but I didn't see any of that in the trailer.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post October 2nd, 2013, 2:48 pm

The trailer does nothing for me, sorry.

Too slow, too common from what I see already out there. Add a LOT more oompf to
sell something to a demo/trailer IMO.

Post October 2nd, 2013, 4:16 pm

I know its sounds very like jerks words and banal, but when i looked at trailer all i see is "another one minecraft clone", and thats words from me, 3079 fan which defend 3079 from same words constantly.
Maybe this game features more then just dumb mine and build, mine and build, but so far i dont see it.

Post October 2nd, 2013, 4:37 pm

A new trailer showcasing the unique gameplay would be most welcome.

Return to Store