It deserves to be in the store, but it's not for me
8%
No, I wouldn't buy it
38%
No, it lacks the quality I expect for the IGS store
8%

Total votes : 13

Post September 25th, 2013, 3:22 pm

So there are going to be times that a game comes through that we have mixed feelings about and we're going to ask you guys what you think. Your opinions will immediately impact if the game will or won't be approved for our store. Here's one of the first games that I'm conflicted about. Vote and discuss below:

phpBB [video]

Realmstone is a fantasy multiplayer hack and slash game with some kingdom building elements. You take control of a merchant house and employ various level able champions to go out into the world an bring back treasures to your house. We draw strongly on traditional fantasy settings games such as Master of Magic and Moonstone.

Post September 25th, 2013, 4:19 pm

I know I've been spoiled by the prices of indie games recently, and $15 isn't really a lot, but based on the video it does seem a bit high to me. It also depends on how long the game is, but from the video it doesn't look like there's a ton of depth to the gameplay (which is fine), and that makes me feel like it should be slightly cheaper, perhaps. Maybe around the $7-10 region?

For the record, I think this would be a fine addition to the IGS store. :D
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post September 27th, 2013, 12:23 pm

I just want to bump this to get a few more reactions so that we can get back to him over the weekend.

Post September 27th, 2013, 12:43 pm

After careful watching i decided against. Maybe its not bad game, but i dont seen anything that catches my attention

Post September 27th, 2013, 1:05 pm
dliebner Site Admin

The only thing that would make me say no is if the game runs on Flash. Great games can be made on Flash, but it really is not a great platform for games.

With that aside, it looks fun - it's definitely a niche game, and if the developer wants to ask $15, that's totally within his or her discretion.

Post September 27th, 2013, 6:32 pm

dliebner wrote:
The only thing that would make me say no is if the game runs on Flash. Great games can be made on Flash, but it really is not a great platform for games.

With that aside, it looks fun - it's definitely a niche game, and if the developer wants to ask $15, that's totally within his or her discretion.

Flash? thanks, no then. I seen even developer of QuestRun said on his twitter that he fed up with flash and next game will not be flash or air based.

Return to Store