Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Angvik [Sep 17th - 20th]

Angvik [Sep 17th - 20th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post September 17th, 2013, 4:46 pm

Looks good. Will buy. Up vote on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =152112673

Post September 17th, 2013, 5:56 pm

The game seems cute and it's pretty hard. One question -- my game is running really laggy. This game requires some tight platforming, so I'm a bit disappointed. Any suggestions or is there an official forum somewhere where I could ask for help? System stats: OS Windows 8; specs are great. It's a new computer, high end and shouldn't have problems running this. So I'm not sure where the problem is coming from.

Post September 17th, 2013, 7:05 pm

This game really hits the sweet spot for me. The controls are tight, which I like, and it's made me laugh out loud multiple times now. The experience is very pleasant. I'm poking around and learning the classes now, and I have to say, it's quite fun.

The music and sound effects are excellently chosen, and the visuals are cartoon-y and cute. That contrasts nicely with the quite brutal learning curve. Item drops appear to be randomly determined, but the levels are exactly the same every time, allowing you to learn over time. You won't see any new platforming concepts here; it's all pretty mainstream (enemies that run around, enemies that chase you, enemies that run away and do ranged attacks, etc.) but that's okay. Without something familiar, I think this game's learning curve would be far more frustrating than fun.

At this early point in time, I really have nothing bad to say about the game. It's two thumbs-up from me!

Post September 18th, 2013, 3:46 pm

phpBB [video]

Post September 20th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Hi, im new here!

I'm going to buy the game, but i want to know if the developers will give steam keys if they get greenlit.

Anyone know anything?

Thx

Post September 20th, 2013, 4:18 pm

bnnnn wrote:
I'm going to buy the game, but i want to know if the developers will give steam keys if they get greenlit.

According to the developer, yes!

Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post September 20th, 2013, 5:38 pm

This is in my top 10 favorite IndieGameStand features. People that passed on this one will probably be hating themselves later.

Post September 20th, 2013, 10:40 pm

PlayerReview wrote:
This is in my top 10 favorite IndieGameStand features. People that passed on this one will probably be hating themselves later.

My only question is.. what was added to the updated version of Arvoesine? What's the difference between it and the free version? I'd like to know before beating the average or not.

Post September 20th, 2013, 11:42 pm

spoderman wrote:
PlayerReview wrote:

My only question is.. what was added to the updated version of Arvoesine? What's the difference between it and the free version? I'd like to know before beating the average or not.

I think the dev answered that question when he replied to Duck on page 1. I could be wrong though. I bta, but haven't played the bonus game yet.

Post September 20th, 2013, 11:48 pm

PlayerReview wrote:
spoderman wrote:
PlayerReview wrote:

I think the dev answered that question when he replied to Duck on page 1. I could be wrong though. I bta, but haven't played the bonus game yet.

Somehow I missed that.. thanks.

Post September 26th, 2013, 5:45 pm

It crashes when I try to launch it.
I tried both versions, IGS and Desura.

Post September 27th, 2013, 4:32 am

exitplanetdust wrote:

That is odd... If you have Windows 8 (which I know some on Win 8 are fine), you might try win7 or xp compatibility mode to see if that makes a difference.

Post September 27th, 2013, 4:48 am

PlayerReview wrote:
exitplanetdust wrote:

That is odd... If you have Windows 8 (which I know some on Win 8 are fine), you might try win7 or xp compatibility mode to see if that makes a difference.

Win 7 64

Post September 27th, 2013, 6:35 am

exitplanetdust wrote:
PlayerReview wrote:
exitplanetdust wrote:

Win 7 64

I'm also on Win 7 64. There must be a different variable.

On Desura, you can right-click the game and select "verify files". Other than that, I would make sure you are doing full uninstalls prior to re-installing (you probably already did that though).

Post October 13th, 2013, 4:50 pm

PlayerReview wrote:
I'm also on Win 7 64. There must be a different variable.

On Desura, you can right-click the game and select "verify files". Other than that, I would make sure you are doing full uninstalls prior to re-installing (you probably already did that though).

I verified files through Desura Client but the game still crashes.
I tried compatibility modes and administrator privilege, with no results.

I noticed a debug log text file.
This is its content:
[7124:1013/224749:FATAL:render_process_host_impl.cc(404)] Check failed: !g_exited_main_message_loop.

Previous

Return to Featured Game Deals