Board index IndieGameStand Store So the IndieGameStand Store is finally here

So the IndieGameStand Store is finally here

Official thread for the IGS Store

Post September 25th, 2013, 3:16 pm

What do you guys think? Discuss below and feel free to point out any bugs.

Post September 25th, 2013, 4:40 pm

Really happy to see it, and pretty satisfied so far; I've already bought a bunch of stuff here. The design is good, and I have zero complaints about the purchasing or checkout process.

A couple things I'd like to suggest.
  • The 'DRM-Free' badge should go in the sidebar on the left, along with the OS icons and the badges for Steam/Desura/GoG. Currently it's at the bottom (like on the feature page) and easy to miss.
  • Also, the filesize would be a nice inclusion on the store page as well (could also go in the sidebar).
  • System requirements would be another welcome addition to the sidebar on the store pages.
  • A more advanced search funtion would be a big improvement. Currently, you pretty much have to know the name of the game you're looking for; the ability to filter by traits or at least tags would ideal. Here's an (slightly excessive) example:
  • A wishlist feature would be nice.
  • A user reviews system similar to something like Desura's or ShinyLoot's would be excellent, where people who have bought the game can rate it. Even a rating system without reviews would be cool. Here's an example of the way some IGS competitors do it:

Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post September 25th, 2013, 5:39 pm

^
Yes, user reviews is a feature I think would be very helpful

Also, some form of a wishlist or game tracking similar to Desura. It's not really needed now, but as the IGS library grows, being able to instantly find games that you're interested in would be useful

Not sure if it's available, but do devs have the ability to offer preorders through the store?

A feature that you might want to shamelessly borrow from Shinyloot is a comprehensive search function. IMO, Shinyloot's search is one of the best, offering many parameters to narrow down your search

But so overall I think the store is very well put together
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post September 26th, 2013, 12:34 pm

I like the idea of adding discussions or comments onto the games pages directly, or some way to have discussions or topics about a game... not everyone is going to come visit the forums or even bother to look for discussions about a game anywhere other than the games store page.

Post September 26th, 2013, 1:16 pm

AlwaysGeeky wrote:
I like the idea of adding discussions or comments onto the games pages directly, or some way to have discussions or topics about a game... not everyone is going to come visit the forums or even bother to look for discussions about a game anywhere other than the games store page.

This is something that I feel Desura does very well: user comments are featured prominently on the game page. However, what happens then is that the comments often turn into 'support threads' with people posting bug reports and asking questions. That might work on Desura where the game developer manages the page, but here everything is overseen by IndieGameStand and I'm not sure it would work as well.

Post September 26th, 2013, 1:31 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
AlwaysGeeky wrote:

This is something that I feel Desura does very well: user comments are featured prominently on the game page. However, what happens then is that the comments often turn into 'support threads' with people posting bug reports and asking questions. That might work on Desura where the game developer manages the page, but here everything is overseen by IndieGameStand and I'm not sure it would work as well.

Maybe comments could be categorized. So you'd select what kind of comment it is (general impressions, questions, support, bug report, etc.) and then comment regarding support/bugs would be sent to the developer while impressions comments would be displayed on the game page

Could something like that work?
Last edited by Bronxsta on September 26th, 2013, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post September 26th, 2013, 2:39 pm

Keep the ideas flowing guys - obviously as the store becomes more popular we would love to add additional features.

Post September 26th, 2013, 8:52 pm

I would like to see a tab where I can see all the games and sort them by price. Love the store btw.

Post September 27th, 2013, 4:16 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
The 'DRM-Free' badge should go in the sidebar on the left, along with the OS icons and the badges for Steam/Desura/GoG. Currently it's at the bottom (like on the feature page) and easy to miss.

Further to this, I propose displaying the DRM-free label when you're browsing the catalogue. Again, putting it where the OS/Steam/Desura/GOG labels go makes the most sense. I don't know how the site is programmed, but this might end up being a side effect of GnomeSlice's suggestion too.

Also, I'd like to suggest a label for games that can't be downloaded from IGS (or maybe a label for ones you can). At the moment it's hard to distinguish the games that are Steam only and the ones that can be downloaded from IGS but aren't DRM-free (like multiplayer only games that require a key).

So I guess I'm hoping for a DRM-free icon for the DRM-free games and then either some kind of Steam only icon or an icon that means a standalone (but not DRM-free) version is available from IGS, and for these to display while you're browsing the catalogue. Filters for DRM and keys would be nice as well...

Post September 27th, 2013, 7:03 pm

We can definitely work on making DRM-Free searchable and having an icon. As to this:

Also, I'd like to suggest a label for games that can't be downloaded from IGS (or maybe a label for ones you can). At the moment it's hard to distinguish the games that are Steam only and the ones that can be downloaded from IGS but aren't DRM-free (like multiplayer only games that require a key).

Every game sold on IGS can be downloaded - we do not sell Steam-Only games. DRM'ed games are still downloaded from IGS but require a registration/serial key.

Post September 27th, 2013, 9:01 pm

mgnade wrote:
Every game sold on IGS can be downloaded - we do not sell Steam-Only games. DRM'ed games are still downloaded from IGS but require a registration/serial key.

I'm guessing this doesn't necessarily include the featured games? Guns of Icarus was steam-locked wasn't it?

Post September 27th, 2013, 11:09 pm

mgnade wrote:
We can definitely work on making DRM-Free searchable and having an icon. As to this:

I definitely remember Guns of Icarus being Steam only but I see that's not featured on the store. That's good to know then, so if a games isn't marked as DRM-free it's still downloadable here. What kind of DRM does East India Company Gold have on it? This is one of the ones I assumed was Steam only, but if it's downloadable here then I might get it depending on what sort of DRM it has.

Post September 28th, 2013, 4:43 pm

I just realized that the store page of each game doesn't show the system requirements for each game. I assume that could be a nice addition to the store.

Post September 28th, 2013, 6:14 pm

I definitely remember Guns of Icarus being Steam only but I see that's not featured on the store. That's good to know then, so if a games isn't marked as DRM-free it's still downloadable here. What kind of DRM does East India Company Gold have on it? This is one of the ones I assumed was Steam only, but if it's downloadable here then I might get it depending on what sort of DRM it has.

Yep that's why Guns of Icarus is not offered in our store.

East India has a serial key.

Post September 28th, 2013, 9:46 pm

Its actually good that you going to sell Topware's games here, since their own store is slightly awful.
As for suggestions...as i said, for android games there is need to be min Android version mentioned, APK filesize would be nice too since big APK can be big problem. If Android sale turn ti be good, there is nice idea of having own android app like Humble, but its definitively not today's task.
Found that in store there is no icon for Gog keys, but since they not much its not a big deal. BTW, IGS store is one of very few who offer GOG keys, whoa!

Post September 28th, 2013, 11:52 pm

mgnade wrote:

Yep that's why Guns of Icarus is not offered in our store.

East India has a serial key.

Ah ok, that's nice to know that people can't just use you as a Steam key reseller, they have to actually upload their game to you as well. Desura's recently had a whole bunch of games that aren't actually uploaded and are just Steam keys so I'm glad to see you not going to down that route.

Well I guessed there was a key involved, but is it online or offline? I don't mind offline activation, I just draw the line at online activation...

Post September 29th, 2013, 1:59 am

How about a store widget for other sites? I was on the Steam Marines site and the Desura link has its own widget with some info, while the IGS link is just...a link. It's not a pressing addition by any means, but maybe an official IGS widget would be cool
Last edited by Bronxsta on September 29th, 2013, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post September 29th, 2013, 12:25 pm

Bronxsta wrote:
How about a store widget for other sites? I was on the Steam Marines site and the Desura link has its own widget with some info, while the IGS link is just...a link. It's a pressing addition by any means, but maybe an official IGS widget would be cool

This is a good idea, +1

Post September 29th, 2013, 12:45 pm
dliebner Site Admin

Toyotame wrote:
Its actually good that you going to sell Topware's games here, since their own store is slightly awful.
As for suggestions...as i said, for android games there is need to be min Android version mentioned, APK filesize would be nice too since big APK can be big problem. If Android sale turn ti be good, there is nice idea of having own android app like Humble, but its definitively not today's task.
Found that in store there is no icon for Gog keys, but since they not much its not a big deal. BTW, IGS store is one of very few who offer GOG keys, whoa!

Actually, we had to remove GOG keys from our store offerings per their request.

Post September 29th, 2013, 1:12 pm

dliebner wrote:
Actually, we had to remove GOG keys from our store offerings per their request.

Whose? GoG.com requested it? That's unfortunate... I know that was a plus for a lot of people here.

Next

Return to Store