Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Higurashi When They Cry

Higurashi When They Cry

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would You Support This Game For IGS?

Yes
43%
No
57%
Don't Know
No votes

Total votes : 14

Post August 29th, 2013, 1:33 pm

phpBB [video]

Game: Higurashi When They Cry
Platform: PC (Desura, DRM-free, Greenlight)
Localizer: Manga Gamer/007 Expansion

Game Description:
Higurashi When They Cry takes place during June 1983, at a fictional rural village called Hinamizawa, which has a population of approximately 2000. The main character, Keiichi Maebara, moves to Hinamizawa and befriends his new classmates Rena Ryugu, Mion Sonozaki, Rika Furude, and Satoko Hojo. Keiichi joins their after-school club activities, which consist mostly of card and board games (and punishment games for the loser, usually him.) Hinamizawa appears to be a normal, peaceful, rural village to Keiichi. However, the tranquility abruptly ends after the annual Watanagashi Festival, a celebration to commemorate and give thanks to the local god, Oyashiro-sama. Keiichi learns that every year for the past four years, one person has been murdered and another has gone missing on the day of the Watanagashi Festival. Keiichi himself soon becomes drawn into the strange events surrounding the Watanagashi Festival and Oyashiro-sama.
Last edited by letsmaybeLP92 on October 23rd, 2013, 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    The Floor Is Jelly
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post August 29th, 2013, 3:54 pm

Higurashi..oh zomg, you will shit pants from this.

Post August 29th, 2013, 5:15 pm

One of my favorite anime series. Deliciously bloody.

Post August 30th, 2013, 3:01 pm

Didn't realize this was on Desura.. I voted yes.

I'm surprised that the poll is evenly split between votes. The anime is really good, and I suspect the visual novel is also good..

Post August 31st, 2013, 3:04 am

spoderman wrote:
I'm surprised that the poll is evenly split between votes. The anime is really good, and I suspect the visual novel is also good..

I think it is a genre that people don't want to give a chance. Or, maybe they see the cutesy characters and don't realize that it is actually quite gruesome. But, mainly, I am guessing it is thinking too far outside the box for mainstream gamers that are unwilling to try new things.

I'm such a troll.

Post August 31st, 2013, 5:39 pm

PlayerReview wrote:
spoderman wrote:

I think it is a genre that people don't want to give a chance. Or, maybe they see the cutesy characters and don't realize that it is actually quite gruesome. But, mainly, I am guessing it is thinking too far outside the box for mainstream gamers that are unwilling to try new things.

I'm such a troll.

Yeah, but lets recall how succesfull was Doujin bundle on Groupees.

Post September 21st, 2013, 1:32 pm

This Game FINALLY got Greenlight :D
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    The Floor Is Jelly
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Return to Game Suggestions