Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Blindside

Blindside

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you purchase this game if it was featured on IGS?

Yes
88%
No (no graphics)
No votes
No (not my kind of game)
13%
Maybe...
No votes

Total votes : 8

Post September 17th, 2013, 12:40 pm

Game: Blindside
Platforms: Desura (PC & Mac)
Developer: epicycle (2-man team)

Blindside is a game that relies solely on audio. You start off in the dark in your apartment after a supposed loss of power. You soon realize, however, that there are more sinister things at work. Once you realize you're now blind, strange noises begin to fill the darkness.

Relying on sound alone to make your way through the world helps make this an incredibly immersive game experience. The game provides a user interface, though it can be distracting. In a game where your character is blind, the easiest way to navigate the world is to wear headphones and close your eyes, drowning out everything apart from the sound in the game.

I personally find this game to be highly intriguing, and I would love to see it receive more exposure.

Post September 17th, 2013, 12:50 pm

I specifically registered to vote positively towards this game. Too many games are just more of the same. And don't get me wrong - I can enjoy a well-executed version of something that's similar to another game. But games like this one, where they are completely unique and have a very different concept, those are something I can really get behind.

Post September 17th, 2013, 1:32 pm

I remember seeing this a long while back on Desura and it looks really interesting. I think there's not enough games that try to do things differently out there and this one would make a great feature.

Post September 17th, 2013, 5:16 pm

I'm not sure this would be very successful here as a feature, but it sounds extremely interesting to me so I'm voting yes anyway.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post February 26th, 2014, 12:55 pm

I was looking at the IndieCade site, and apparently Blindside was a 2012 Nominee, along with several currently well-known games:

Analogue: A Hate Story (Nominee)
Botanicula (Award Winner: Story / World Design Award)
FTL: Faster Than Light (Nominee)
Guacamelee! (Nominee)
Splice (Nominee)
The Stanley Parable (Award Winner: Special Recognition Award)

Return to Game Suggestions