Board index Community General Discussion Used Steam Key [SOLVED]

Used Steam Key [SOLVED]

Talk about anything!

Post September 9th, 2013, 12:48 am

Hey, i didnt know where to open this thread. I tried to activate one of my steam keys and it says it's already used.
My account name is emrextreme and the used key is Alien Shooter. Other keys worked just fine so i guess nobody hacked me but the key they sent me is used before.
Last edited by Emre on September 9th, 2013, 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post September 9th, 2013, 12:52 am

Emre wrote:
Hey, i didnt know where to open this thread. I tried to activate one of my steam keys and it says it's already used.
My account name is emrextreme and the used key is Alien Shooter. Other keys worked just fine so i guess nobody hacked me but the key they sent me is used before.

I recommend opening a support ticket if you haven't already.
http://support.indiegamestand.com/

Post September 9th, 2013, 12:55 am

I tried there but nothing happens when i click contact support.

Post September 9th, 2013, 1:03 am

Emre wrote:
I tried there but nothing happens when i click contact support.

That might be browser related. You might want to make sure you're allowing popups as the form is a popup.

Post September 9th, 2013, 1:40 am

Your ticket was responded to, check your email/uservoice.

Let us know if you have any further issues.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post September 9th, 2013, 1:46 am

Oh, thank you. That was fast.

Post September 9th, 2013, 9:30 am

For anybody that has problems with keys, just as a general FYI obviously we have no control over the other platforms and distribution channels. Our system allows developers to upload keys from these platforms and we parse them to give them to you guys, but we cannot validate every key - ONLY if the key is in a VALID format. When this type of thing happens (your key is used) it is usually because the developer also uploaded/used that key elsewhere - not because your account was hacked on our site. Keep in mind that Steam, Desura, and GOG are OUTSIDE our system so we have very little control over their validation system and keys.

Post September 10th, 2013, 5:44 pm

So main suggestion here is to use your key right now, right?

Return to General Discussion