I dislike the developer
2%
I dislike the platforms
No votes
I dislike the DRM options
No votes

Total votes : 55

Post September 2nd, 2013, 10:39 am

Yeah, i was amazed that linux build is 95mb executable and windows is 60mb. I was thinking its up to optimization...

Oh that's because linux has 2 versions. One for 32 and another for 64 bits.

Post September 2nd, 2013, 10:57 am

Every post so far has been on technical stuff. Any game impressions?
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post September 2nd, 2013, 11:08 am

@Ansimuz Yeah, and thanks for 64bit build too. Btw, you know about this http://www.gamepadjs.com/ , right? Try to implement this in game to get joypad to work

@Bronxsta yeah, why no. I havent managed to beat desert temple so far but...
First, its adventure platformer like Zelda 2 (not top downs or isometric) - you have to wander in various areas, kill monsters, search path to temples, and beat bosses. coins to collect and spend, hidden treasures, a lot of jumping but overall not very hard.
Music is kinda repetive and gameplay lack of joypad support, but overall its nice game. More to impress later.

Post September 2nd, 2013, 11:08 am

Bronxsta wrote:
Every post so far has been on technical stuff. Any game impressions?

I bought the game and played the (outdated) Desura version.
Even the browser/flash version seems more updated. (link).

Anyway, I liked the game and produced a video to express some impression about it. (link)

Post September 2nd, 2013, 11:23 am

Grabbed the game on the strength of the demo and the availability of an OS X version. Unfortunately, it won't start up on my lappy running OS X 10.6.8. Any ideas? Is it an incompatibility with whatever wrapper you've packaged the game in?

I did manage to find the browser based demo and had a good bit of fun playing through some early action. Looking forward to more. :)

Post September 2nd, 2013, 11:51 am

roguewombat wrote:
Grabbed the game on the strength of the demo and the availability of an OS X version. Unfortunately, it won't start up on my lappy running OS X 10.6.8. Any ideas? Is it an incompatibility with whatever wrapper you've packaged the game in?

I did manage to find the browser based demo and had a good bit of fun playing through some early action. Looking forward to more. :)

It wasnt starting to me either, bad library linking. Check what your console complaining to.

Post September 2nd, 2013, 12:12 pm

Ok, i made the mistake to use the desura version too, usually desura update itself so i normally prefer to use that.

I now downloaded the windows version directly from the game wallet, but that one too gives the demo message when i walk 1 meter. Should i start over, or did i again download a demo?

Post September 2nd, 2013, 12:26 pm

So far it looks that only Linux build is non-demo.

Post September 2nd, 2013, 12:42 pm

Oh... you might be correct, it's the only version at 90Mb also, the others are all around 35-40mb.

Post September 2nd, 2013, 1:08 pm

Concerning the demo on windows.

It says Demo in the bar but in reality it is the Alpha, you can play desert and mountain stages, (the difficulty is not yet balanced since this is an alpha tough).

Let me know

Post September 2nd, 2013, 1:22 pm

Ansimuz wrote:

It says Demo in the bar but in reality it is the Alpha, you can play desert and mountain stages, (the difficulty is not yet balanced since this is an alpha tough).

Let me know

How can I get access to these areas?
I could only enter in the location on the extreme left of the map (forest stage?), and at a certain point the game stops with the "end of demo" message and I cannot go back to try to access to other stages.

Post September 2nd, 2013, 1:31 pm

Download the Indiegamestand version from your wallet not the outdated desura client version.

Post September 2nd, 2013, 2:21 pm

Ansimuz wrote:
Download the Indiegamestand version from your wallet not the outdated desura client version.

Hopefully it gets fixed for those of us who couldn't afford the $1 (yes yes I know I'm a terrible poor person lol)

I'm really enjoying the game but yeah the demo screen....hardest boss ever XD

Post September 2nd, 2013, 2:25 pm

Gororules wrote:
Ansimuz wrote:

Hopefully it gets fixed for those of us who couldn't afford the $1 (yes yes I know I'm a terrible poor person lol)

I'm really enjoying the game but yeah the demo screen....hardest boss ever XD

Well, from that i see this game really worth 1$ (at least)

Post September 2nd, 2013, 3:13 pm

Oh I don't question that, I just have less then a dollar in my paypal XD being broke ftw

Post September 2nd, 2013, 6:42 pm

Ansimuz wrote:

I've tried the version downloaded from Indie Game Stand portal.
As I supposed (I noticed the two games were identical), I reached the same point with the same message "end of demo".
Maybe, should I fully unistall Desura version, before...?

Post September 2nd, 2013, 7:38 pm

exitplanetdust wrote:
Ansimuz wrote:

I've tried the version downloaded from Indie Game Stand portal.
As I supposed (I noticed the two games were identical), I reached the same point with the same message "end of demo".
Maybe, should I fully unistall Desura version, before...?

Or try downloading the standalone from Desura as show in the screenshot

Post September 2nd, 2013, 9:00 pm

Ansimuz wrote:

Let me know

That's the version I was playing (IGS game wallet windows version) and you hit the end of demo message in the temple (after the forest). I'm going to install the non-client Desura build now and see how that goes. Edit: Yep, that one let's me progress past the room that gave the end of demo message.

On a side note, I found a bug with the little (gnome?) guys in the forest with the pot that spawn frogs. If you bring up the inventory, while it pauses the rest of the game, frogs are still being spawned and all activate when you exit the inventory.

I also thought that leveling up your stats was a little unclear. I already gained quite a few levels before I noticed the status tab in the inventory. Woops!

Post September 3rd, 2013, 2:03 pm

No thoughts on the Mac OS X version, Ansimuz? Crashes immediately on startup with "node-webkit quit unexpectedly."

Post September 3rd, 2013, 4:59 pm

roguewombat wrote:
No thoughts on the Mac OS X version, Ansimuz? Crashes immediately on startup with "node-webkit quit unexpectedly."

Are you on a mac book? seems like cleaning the cache is a quick fix, ill look into it in depth asap.

PreviousNext

Return to Featured Game Deals