Board index Community General Discussion Humble Bundle implemented Stripe, worth to follow?

Humble Bundle implemented Stripe, worth to follow?

Talk about anything!

Hi all, i think peoples here is already noticed, that Humble Bundle now also support Stripe as payment option alongside with Amazon and Google (and Bitcoin).
While i not really heard about this payment provider before, i taken some interest and checked their site. Looks like generally payment fee (https://stripe.com/us/help/pricing) is similar to Paypals (2.9% + $0.30 PER TRANSACTION) but on other side Stripe dont make any difference with US and international cards. Since, i think, IGS is used not only by US customer it can have some meaning.
Also, as IGS stuff probably know already, Google Checkout is shutting down in middle of fall, so GC users (like me) will have to switch to other provider. In case of Humble Bundle i will be switching to Stripe since i dont use Amazon and have stupid problems with paypal before.
Not like i advertizing or advocating anything! Just got idea, that Humble bundle had some good thinking about Stripe before implementing it onsite, so maybe its not worst idea for IGS too. Also, i suppose Humble Bundle customerbase will make Stripe much more recognised too (would be scared to use it before).
Still, actual $$$ counting is up to IGS, i suppose you know better that is more profitable to you.

Edit - Hmm, on HumbleBundle Stripe totally failing to process my main card...not that i expected from it.

Where is the stripe option? Is it the "pay with credit card"?

I also used Google Checkout for Humble Bundle and IGS and didn't know it was shutting down in November :(

Also instead of Stripe, it seems Google is pushing for BrainTree, do you know if its good?

We have already switched from google checkout to google wallet. We made the change about a month ago and it will continue to work past November. If you've bought a game in the last month from us with google you have used their new service. It actually is nicer than the old checkout.

Yeah, i noticed that impressive pop-up payment form, pretty neat. Not understanding that the all fuss about then from Google, but since for me Google is fastest and easiest way to pay i happy it will work after November.

nullzero wrote:
Where is the stripe option? Is it the "pay with credit card"?

I also used Google Checkout for Humble Bundle and IGS and didn't know it was shutting down in November :(

Also instead of Stripe, it seems Google is pushing for BrainTree, do you know if its good?

Exactly. they probably named it this way since its more clearly describe that will be going on then just "Stripe". But for me its failed - cards just declined with no hints (which is pretty rare nowadays).

Return to General Discussion