Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Tower of Guns

Tower of Guns

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Do you like Tower of Guns or do you find it appealing?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes : 12

Post August 10th, 2013, 12:22 pm

Platforms: Windows (DRM Free)
Greenlight Page

Watch the Pre Alpa trailer below:

phpBB [video]

Jesse Cox and Josh Mattingly, from IndieStatik.com covered Tower of Guns on their show "The Greenlight", if you're interested you may watch it below.

phpBB [video]

Game description from the developer website:

Tower of Guns is a fast paced, nostalgic shooter for the twitch gamer… with a few roguelike elements to keep it fresh with each playthrough. Think of it like FTL or Binding of Isaac mixed with Doom2/Quake!

KEY FEATURES:

- SINGLE SITTING FULL EXPERIENCE: For all of those who have too many games (or too little time) this is a game you can pick up and play again and again without remembering where you were or what you were up to. If you’re gonna win, you’re gonna do it within an hour or two. That’s a big if though… it won’t be easy.
- ALWAYS A FRESH EXPERIENCE: Random enemies, random powerups, random bosses, tons of unlockable items and weapons…even random-level compositing! You never know what to expect when you sit down in front of Tower of Guns.
- CRAZY POWERUPS: You’ve played first person shooters where you can double jump, but have you played any game where you can centuple-jump? You can in Tower of Guns, with the right items.
- GUN-MODIFYING MADNESS: A gun and its qualities aren’t tied together in Tower of Guns. Do you like rocket launchers? You’ll like them more if you’re lucky enough to stumble upon a “shotgun” modifier. A rocket-launching shotgun is very satisfying.
- OLD-SCHOOL TACTICS: For the fans of the faster shooters, it’s all back: circle strafing, bunny hopping, rocket jumping. Tower of Guns is all about moving fast!
- OLD-SCHOOL LEVEL DESIGN: Hate invisible blocking walls that keep you from exploring a cool vista? I do. They’re outlawed in Tower of Guns. If you can see it, you can get to it…if you have the right items.

Please leave your thoughts on Tower of Guns and share your experience in case you've played it and what you think so far. According to the dev website the game is still in 26% of completion but it looks like it already has tons of content.

Post August 10th, 2013, 12:24 pm

Holy Jesus this looks amazing and I don't even know what's going on.

Yes please.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post August 10th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Centruple jump FTW!

So yes, I'd love to see this on IGS
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post August 19th, 2013, 11:04 am

Hour of gameplay:
phpBB [video]

Yes, please, this game needs to be on IGS
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post August 19th, 2013, 2:15 pm

That looks amazingly fun. As I was watching that game play, I have to admit that I kept thinking this is what I was hoping for when I got Paranautical Activity.

Post October 3rd, 2013, 10:26 am

Bumping, cause I bought it yesterday in the NotOnSteam sale and it really puts Paranautical to shame in every way. I am totally surprised that this runs so well for me, even with tons of projectiles and craziness on screen. This is one of those games I'd recommend getting now and not waiting for a possible feature on IGS or a bundle. It's that much fun
Some games can be neatly categorized into a genre. Others encompass so many elements that a single genre can't contain them. Tower of Guns is one of the latter. Mix a twitchy FPS, a roguelike, and some bullet hell in a steampunk blender and you'd get the wild frenetic Tower of Guns.

Pick your gun, pick your perk, and go. Skills and reflexes are your only allies once you enter the fast frantic world of Tower of Guns. Blowing away enemies drops health and weapons upgrades; getting hurt not only damages you but also reduces the level of your weapon. Evasion and quick aiming is key to survival.

And you'll need every extra weapon boost, mod, power up, item, and as much loot as you can acquire to survive the chaotic onslaught that awaits you within the titular Tower. Each playthrough offers randomized levels and enemies to blast away and the chaos only increases with each room. Dozens of bullets, ricocheting saw blades, cannon balls, hovering drones, rolling spiked balls, and more relentlessly attack en masse. Luckily with the right perks and power ups, you can be a triple jumping badass wielding a mine throwing shotgun who doesn't take fall damage. Enough to survive? Maybe...

And don't forget to vote on Greenlight

Return to Game Suggestions