Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Croixleur

Croixleur

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Interested to see it here?

Yes
63%
No
25%
I hate anime themed games!
13%

Total votes : 16

Post February 23rd, 2013, 12:22 pm

Croixleur

Croixleur is a high-speed, hack-and-slash arcade action game by the talented Japanese indie developer souvenir circ. Gameplay is reminiscent of the Devil May Cry series’ Bloody Palace mode as our protagonist, Lucrezia Visconti, battles her way through floors of ongoing monsters in a ritual called ‘the Adjuvant Trial’!

In plain word Croixleur is anime themed arcade fighting game.
As almost every game made by Nyu Media it was never seen in any bundles. I doubt it will appear here too, but i would be happy to see it anyway.

Platforms: Windows, Desura, Greenlight

link : http://www.desura.com/games/croixleur

00371.jpg
00371.jpg (176 KiB) Viewed 2525 times

00084.jpg
00084.jpg (139.27 KiB) Viewed 2525 times

Post February 23rd, 2013, 1:27 pm

A niche that isn't being tapped into properly by other developers, graphics and mechanics so well executed. Also, I loves me some anime. Big thumbs up from me!

Post February 23rd, 2013, 1:40 pm

I'd definitely pick it up.

Post February 23rd, 2013, 2:02 pm

I was never into anime but this looks surprisingly good.

Post February 23rd, 2013, 4:17 pm

Not really a fan of the anime style, but I picked this up a couple of weeks ago and it's a decent hack/slash game. It would be nice if the stages had some more variety, and the camera is almost laughably horrible, but it's still a fun game, +1

Don't try to play it without a gamepad.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post February 23rd, 2013, 4:55 pm

There was a game that looked like this, Eternal Sonata (360,ps3) , reminds me of that. That game was fun.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post February 23rd, 2013, 7:45 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
Not really a fan of the anime style, but I picked this up a couple of weeks ago and it's a decent hack/slash game. It would be nice if the stages had some more variety, and the camera is almost laughably horrible, but it's still a fun game, +1

Don't try to play it without a gamepad.

Well, yeah, it doesnt looks like there is much of gameplay variety.

Post February 24th, 2013, 12:27 pm

canj wrote:
There was a game that looked like this, Eternal Sonata (360,ps3) , reminds me of that. That game was fun.

Yeah, Eternal Sonata was the absolute tits.

In regards to Croixleur: Looks like a fairly interesting game. I'm not a huge fan of hack n'slashes but I see their fun-value, and with its art style this game definitely would be something I would play.
Know all of your enemies
We know who all of our enemies are
steam : twitch : desura
Way to plant, Ann!

Post February 25th, 2013, 3:09 pm

cst003 wrote:

tits?

Post February 25th, 2013, 3:17 pm

Toyotame wrote:
cst003 wrote:

tits?

Means it was great. Croixleur does look decent, and a nice hack 'n' slash is always welcome

Post February 25th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Well, i would be happy to see even more games themes like this, like Fortune Tellers, unfortunately i never seen them in any type of bundles or indie sales.

Post February 28th, 2013, 3:10 am

Yeah it's by Nyu Media so I doubt we'll see this on IGS.. but it'd be an instabuy for me if it shows up on here, or in a bundle.

Then again, Eryi's Action got bundled, so maybe it has a chance?

Post February 28th, 2013, 9:36 am

spoderman wrote:
Yeah it's by Nyu Media so I doubt we'll see this on IGS.. but it'd be an instabuy for me if it shows up on here, or in a bundle.

Then again, Eryi's Action got bundled, so maybe it has a chance?

Technically i not understand why they so unhumble to put it on sale. Most of this games, i mean, Nvu's, is coming DRM-free from then start, so, if one really want it he can find them illegally. Its not like this is really big deal.

Post April 19th, 2013, 10:58 am

This is on IR now - they beat us to it :(

Post April 19th, 2013, 11:24 am

Yeah, and i'm not amazed - generally once some publisher\studio go to IR they tends to release whole portfolio in it. NVU broken selfdefence with Satazius, and now we can expect all their games to be bundled.

Post July 25th, 2013, 6:10 pm

I've changed my mind about this one from my previous general disinterest (although my opinion of the game is still the same). I think it would be a great feature here, and might draw a lot of attention.

Post July 25th, 2013, 8:07 pm

I got this in the IR Debut 2 bundle, but still voted yes because toyotame's eye compels me to do so. Also, it's a cool game.

Post March 20th, 2014, 7:20 pm

So Souvenir Circ is working on an updated version of Croixleur, with a new playable character and a bunch of other goodies. Sounds great right? Well, it seems this is only going to be for the upcoming Steam release. Non-Steam players are out of luck. Sigh. :|

Post March 21st, 2014, 5:18 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
So Souvenir Circ is working on an updated version of Croixleur, with a new playable character and a bunch of other goodies. Sounds great right? Well, it seems this is only going to be for the upcoming Steam release. Non-Steam players are out of luck. Sigh. :|

What... a little fuck :(

Post July 12th, 2014, 5:42 pm

Good news, it seems Croixleur Sigma (the updated game with more content) is available outside of Steam now, DRM-Free. You can get it from the following places: Croixleur.com, the Humble Store, GamersGate, Desura.com, Rice Digital

It's not clear if those who owned the game on Desura before will be getting the new game as well, because it's been listed as a separate title on the store. :?

Return to Game Suggestions