Board index Gaming Indie Games [iOS] Joan Mad Run - Bloody indie pixel scroll shooter

[iOS] Joan Mad Run - Bloody indie pixel scroll shooter

Talk about all things indie gaming here

Hey, everyone! ;)

We've got some fresh info about the project, so I decided to share the news with you.

As you may know we were planning to make Joan Mad Run for iOS only. And I must say that the mission is almost complete - 90% ready. However, as we were sharing our progress with everyone, quite a number of people got really excited. And we also received requests to make the game for other platforms too. That's how we came to Steam Greenlight. And we really need your support right now! Please read the story, watch the gameplay trailer and if you like what you see, please support us:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =229391067

Each vote is precious for us!

About Joan Mad Run

Joan Mad Run is a pixel-art gory fight-to-the-death run’n’gun, that takes your enemies straight to hell. Literally.

Imagine that you wake up in a ward cell...you don't know why you are here, you can't tell who you are...but the only thing you are certain of is that you have to get out to find out the truth. Even if that means destroying everything on your way.

When there is noone you can trust, you can trust your guns. Luckily, you will have plenty. So you get an amazing chance to satisfy your bloodlust by burning your enemies alive, melting them with acid, chopping them and watching their blood spurt like geyser, striking them with lightning, exploding them, squeezing them like bugs or sending them directly to the blazing inferno.

You will have to be hell dexterous and think fast if you'd like to survive. Deadly traps, merciless enemies and wild bosses are waiting for you:

Besides mighty weapons you can also enjoy crazy power-ups that will make your fight much more enjoyable. Watch Bloodlust and Ultra Boost:

Your opinion is crucial for us, so if you have any thoughts, ideas or wishes about the game (even the craziest ones), feel free to let them out! They are heartly welcome!

Find more info about Joan on our Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Happymagenta
Last edited by Happymagenta on March 17th, 2014, 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

This looks sweet! Love the art. +1 for the DOOM homage with the player portrait!
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

GnomeSlice wrote:
This looks sweet! Love the art.

Thanks a lot ;)

Btw we also made a full avatar map with all health levels and power ups! Hope everyone will enjoy that :)

Dear Friends,

Here's the first Joan poster. Hope you'll like it :)

and here's our first beta gameplay video:

phpBB [video]

What do you think? Please let us know!

P.S.: our 2nd beta is coming soon, so please stay with us! :)

Poster is amazing. Love the art. :o

Hey, what's up! It's Bronxsta from Toucharcade.
Guys, if you have questions, I'm beta testing.

And yeah, it's awesome.
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Bronxsta wrote:

WTF You work for Tourcharcade?? :o

GnomeSlice wrote:
Bronxsta wrote:

WTF You work for Tourcharcade?? :o

No, no...I'm a forum member there. But Happymagenta is active in the Toucharcade forums so we've discussed the game on the forums and I've been spreading the word on NeoGAF and Reddit. Yeah that was poorly worded

If you're interested in the game, the devs were asking for community weapon suggestions in the forums.
Last edited by Bronxsta on August 28th, 2013, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

GnomeSlice wrote:
Poster is amazing. Love the art. :o

Thanks a lot! We love it too :)

Bronxsta wrote:
Guys, if you have questions, I'm beta testing.

And yeah, it's awesome.

Hey there! ;)
It's really nice to see you here as well!

Thank you so much for all your help and support! That means a lot to us!

Hey, everyone! ;)

Here's some more info about Joan!

We are working on guns now, so we'd love to know your opinion on the matter.

Every little detail is important here, so we focus our special attention on weapon effects.
At the screenshots you will see that unlike in other games of the kind, each Joan's weapon kills enemies in a special and different way:

Katana cuts into pieces.

Shotgun kills several enemies at once and explodes them at close shot.

AK-47 upgraded with grenade launcher speaks for itself:

Laser kills everyone in your way with its ray.

Extremely evil laser flare passes through all levels and slices the enmies in 2 parts:

Freezegun freezes the enemies and makes them fall apart like glass.

Freezegun Pump. Freezes everything: the enemies, the environment and of course the traps:

Circular saw. For a brutal killing. When upgraded - strikes with flying discs:

Find more weapons at: http://happymagenta.livejournal.com/

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Happymagenta

What do you, guys, think? Have any thoughts or ideas about what other weapons we should make? Please share your opinion in the comments below!
Last edited by Happymagenta on October 6th, 2013, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey, guys!

Here are some more weapons for Joan. Hope you'll enjoy.

Acid gun. Strikes with acid that melts enemies. When upgraded it spawns headcrabs that spit acid all over the level:

Plasma sword. Deflects bullets and cuts enemies into pieces. After upgrade you can throw it into your enemies, watch their flesh being cut and see the sword come back right into your hand just like a boomerang. Collect crystals and upgrade the sword's color and stats:

Lightning cannon. Strikes enemies with a lightning chain and turns them into ashes:

When upgraded - creates an impressive ball lightning:

Mono-molecular lash. Cuts enemies into many small pieces:

When upgraded - creates a huge laser net that passes through all levels and turns your enemies into minced meat:

Microwave gun. Incinerates enemies:

Imp Gun. Creates black holes that pull blood and souls out of enemies and take them straight to the blazing inferno:

Satanic. An upgraded version of Imp Gun:

And here comes my personal favorite!

Resizer. Inflates enemies and explodes them. Boom!

And Reducer that has an opposite effect. It makes enemies small like beetles, which lets Joan simply step on and squeeze them:

Read more about Joan at: http://happymagenta.livejournal.com/

What do you guys think? How would you torture your enemies? :twisted:

Guys, I updated the initial post with some new info and screenshots of better quality. Please have a look and let me know what you think! :)

This game looks absolutely stunning! I really love pixel art / style of the game.

Any estimation when this game would be out ?

I'm just enjoying the gore. Does that make me a bad person?

gamesbyjens wrote:
This game looks absolutely stunning! I really love pixel art / style of the game.

Any estimation when this game would be out ?

Thanks a lot! I'm really glad you like it :)

What concerns the iOS version - it's almost ready, so will be released later in spring. I will definitely let you know when that happens!

And what concerns other platforms - it depends on how many people will support us. We are in top-100 on Steam for quite a time already, but still not Greenlit. That's why we are asking for everyone's help - hope that very soon we'll be able to make our and our supporters dream come true :)

PlayerReview wrote:
I'm just enjoying the gore. Does that make me a bad person?

Definitely not :D

Return to Indie Games