Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Running with Rifles

Running with Rifles

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Post December 2nd, 2012, 6:02 pm

I came across this game recently, I tried the demo and I was very pleased. I bought the game on Desura and don't regret it a bit, very great game!

Game: Running with Rifles
Genre: top down open world tactical shooter singleplayer or multiplayer with up to 60+ players.
Platforms: PC, Desura, Steam (greenlight yet)
Developer and homepage: Modulaatio Games

Screenshots:

Last edited by Pedrosko on February 11th, 2013, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 2nd, 2012, 11:04 pm

This would do well I think. It is the perfect time for this kind of title to see the market.

Post December 3rd, 2012, 2:56 am

PlayerReview wrote:
This would do well I think. It is the perfect time for this kind of title to see the market.

Yes, I totally agree. For myself I am getting old and sick of FPS a the same time ;). I wanted to have a multiplayer game with a top-down view like the good old cannon fodder times and I am so glad I found this gem.

Post December 3rd, 2012, 2:33 pm

Play this since some of the first alphas and betas and saw it evolve firsthand (and gave some suggestions to help improve it). It's an awesome game, very much fun in multiplayer (also coop) and in single player due to a quite good AI.

Post December 3rd, 2012, 4:41 pm

This game is amazing, imo this is what Cannon Fodder 3 should have been. I vote yes!

Post February 11th, 2013, 12:45 am

I just suggested this by accident in a new thread. I'll just post what I wrote, consider it my vote.

GnomeSlice wrote:
It's a top-down 'sandbox' shooter which is currently in beta. I just tried out the demo and was so impressed I bought it after about 10 minutes.

The game has a great graphics style, fun and sometimes hilarious gameplay, and is really accessible.

It's for sale for a slight discount on Desura during the beta. I checked out the online play at one point and there were no other players online. Maybe we could boost the playerbase a little?

You guys should check out the demo.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post February 11th, 2013, 3:26 pm

Watched the trailer, looks like a lot of fun.

Post February 11th, 2013, 4:52 pm

There was an online session yesterday, they had over 20 players on a server. Unfortunately I couldn't join myself.

Here is a video of a guy commenting the session while playing:

Post April 27th, 2013, 6:51 pm

Someone should get in touch with the developers of this. I'm sure they'd be happy to be featured on IGS, and it's really a brilliant game.

Post April 27th, 2013, 9:11 pm

it seems like they have been reached out to already, but i don't know for sure. Agreed though, I think the community would enjoy this one. If they have submitted to IGS, I would like to see this one. They would probably do better financially on IGS than any other site, save for possibly HIB. I think it would outdo their share on say a groupees or IR type bundle.

Post April 28th, 2013, 9:47 pm

Looks like it's come a long way from when I last played a demo! I would definitely purchase this if it came to IGS, as is I'm not so sure, I do have far too many games. Despite what the graphic style might imply this can get pretty tactical too, I'm usually one to choose TF2 over CS, would love to see a more arcade style mod somewhere down the line.. Suppose it is too soon to be hoping for such things!

Regardless, I would buy this!

Post May 7th, 2013, 7:47 am

Hi guys! has been a long time :)
I fired up Desura and saw that someone linked this site in the comments :)
A new update (0.87) has gone live today with awesome changes !

As the news entry hasn't been done yet it seems (or desura is slow with it?) he is a screenshot from a reddit ( http://www.reddit.com/r/Runningwithrifl ... o_preview/ ) entry:

The developers of RWR have responded about IGS on the game's Desura page:

hi guys, we already discussed that internally and we came to the conclusion that "pay what you want" offers isn't really what we are looking for, at least not in the beta phase and neither in the couple of months right after the final steam release. It would bring some new players to fill the multiplayer servers, sure but this might be achieved with other solutions which seems more suitable like getting some footage done by bigger youtube personalities where we got some positive feedback but unfortunately nothing happened (yet?).

It looks like we won't be seeing this on here any time soon. Bit of a shame in my opinion, but their attitude seems reasonable. ;)

Post May 8th, 2013, 11:54 am

Thanks for the post. It does seem like a reasonable game life cycle decision on their part and they must not need a cash infusion at the moment. I'll cross my fingers that we see this game later on down the line.

Post March 13th, 2014, 3:34 pm

At long last, the Steam release is upon us! Prepare to have actual people in multiplayer!

Running With Rifles on Steam

Return to Game Suggestions