Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Gateways

Gateways

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Want it on IndieGame Stand

Definitely
50%
Maybe
8%
No
42%

Total votes : 12

Post January 22nd, 2013, 1:23 pm

Image Image

Platforms: Steam, Desura, Windows

2012 Winner @ Microsoft’s Dream Build Play

From the developers of "The Adventures of Shuggy", Gateways is a 2D platform game set in the lab of an inventor called Ed following an outbreak of a number of his more "creative" experiments. Can you help him escape the lab?

I gave in and bought this on a Steam sale and would buy it again a thousand times over. The puzzles are freaking amazing, sort-of like Portal 2D, but the gun has upgrades that provide a ton of possibilities. This is just a fantastic, can't stop playing, game.

Post February 20th, 2013, 1:05 pm

Very nice game, picked it up on Steam a while ago. Can get really tricky in a few places, and new abilities are paced well throughout the game. I approve.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post February 20th, 2013, 7:06 pm

I voted "Definitely" but now I'm starting to change my mind. Here's why:

1) It looks awesome
2) It's by the guys who made Shuggy
3) It's only $5
4) Get it from the Humble Store and you get installer, plus Desura and Steam codes

In summary: why wait for IGS? Might as well just buy it right now!

Post February 20th, 2013, 11:07 pm

I wanted to like this game but unfortunately I just couldn't, never did finish it. The environments are all way to samey, the only thing that changes are the colors. And the puzzles don't just get challenging, they get nearly impossible. I did some reading up on some of the later puzzles when I got stuck and there's just no way anyone in there right mind would have even consider some of the solutions in my opinion, it's ridiculous. The concept was good though, I just wished there could have been more environments and the game was actually possible to beat without looking up the solutions... just my two cents from my experience with the game.

Post March 9th, 2014, 12:45 am

Return to Game Suggestions