Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Livalink

Livalink

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, and featured
14%
In the store, but not featured
71%
Undecided
No votes
No, sorry
14%
Aliens are dumb
No votes

Total votes : 7

Post March 5th, 2014, 4:28 pm

Game Homepage | IndieDB Page

Developer: Ben Massey (@ben4views)
Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
DRM & Distribution: DRM-Free, Desura, Greenlit on Steam

This game was just recently greenlit, so I thought I'd give in and post it. The developer is also currently working on the amazing-looking Stranded Deep which is starting to get pretty popular, so forming a good relationship with him right now might better our chances of seeing that game here as well.
Do you have what it takes to survive the relentless wrath of the Progeny? Discover, upgrade, unlock, activate and survive.

Set in a far fetched future, you play as a Reinforced Intergalactic Livalink Trooper (RILT), a special operations organisation involved in the Livalink project. Years of exploration and research have discovered what was once, and wished was still unknown. The discovery of a new race known as 'the Progeny' proved violent and reckless, retracing the breadcrumbs of our ventured explorations back home.

Fight against increasingly difficult waves of Progeny attackers. Experience a variety of unique weaponry, upgrades and combinations that will result in a different gaming experience each time you play.

Livalink features a variety of unique weaponry and upgrades. Earn credits by collecting kills, bonuses, levels and achievements. These credits will become your best friends, choose wisely how you spend them. Each action in Livalink has a consequence, by spending your hard earned credits on unlocking doors will also activate attached spawn points, making the game increasingly difficulty, however you will discover new equipment and weapons as well a mysterious chest that will thrive on your gambling addiction.

Key Features:
  • Free updates and downloadable content.
  • Achievements and ingame rewards.
  • Extremely optimised performance.
  • Dozens of unique weaponry and upgrades from exploding shotguns to disintegrating lasers.
  • Unique variety of enemy Progeny Ai, suicide bombers to electrocuting giants.
  • Unlockable areas, weapons, levels and equipment.
  • Custom soundtracks - composition by Jerel Northern.
  • Hidden in-game easter eggs.
  • Local high-score leaderboards.
  • Five individual difficulty settings.

Here's a link to the trailer on Youtube, if it doesn't play here.

phpBB [video]

Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post March 5th, 2014, 5:12 pm

It was Greenlit as i heard, so i would not expect it here....and previously, this game was numerous time bundled. I guess - no, thanks.

Post March 5th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Toyotame wrote:
and previously, this game was numerous time bundled. I guess - no, thanks.

I vaguely recall this game being in a bundle once before, but I suppose it could have been more than that.

Post March 6th, 2014, 9:06 am

I dont remember being it in bundle, but this game looks terrible.

seems like all of them are slow melee types.
and enemies are going straight towards you, no AI at all ,

so game-play is like run around an shoot? why would i voluntary suffer to play this.
steam acc: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074769015/
desura acc: http://www.desura.com/members/lurtzcz
cat in my avatar is called Wendy. (and it is male, "Wendy" sounds gender-neutral in Czech)

Post March 6th, 2014, 2:17 pm

Lurtz wrote:

so game-play is like run around an shoot? why would i voluntary suffer to play this.

So, like Killing Floor? You have a few hours in that on Steam. :)

Post March 6th, 2014, 3:15 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
Lurtz wrote:

So, like Killing Floor? You have a few hours in that on Steam. :)

in Killing Floor you fight zombies, that is unique excuse for them to act brainless. Because they are. That is a point.
and just as a sidenote - time i have on Killing Floor is form IGS gamenight and i have uninstaled it after it
steam acc: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074769015/
desura acc: http://www.desura.com/members/lurtzcz
cat in my avatar is called Wendy. (and it is male, "Wendy" sounds gender-neutral in Czech)

Post March 6th, 2014, 6:25 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
Toyotame wrote:
and previously, this game was numerous time bundled. I guess - no, thanks.

I vaguely recall this game being in a bundle once before, but I suppose it could have been more than that.

Groupees, Groupees spotlight week ago, and some lesser bundle too...
Ok, fine, it wasnt OVERbundled, buts not first time i see it.

Return to Game Suggestions