Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Mort The Intern

Mort The Intern

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would You Support This Game For IGS?

Yes
75%
No
25%
Don't Know
No votes

Total votes : 8

Post March 4th, 2014, 11:34 pm

phpBB [video]

Game: Mort The Intern
Platform: PC (Desura, DRM-free, Steam Greenlight)
Developer: Polymath Games

Game Description:
Remember the first job you had? Remember how much it sucked? As it turns out, it’s no different in the after life. Mort interns for the premiere company that handles all your afterlife residential needs. But, as can be expected with any sort of interning job, that also means he has to do all the menial work that no one else wants; nothing interesting ever comes his one. This completely changes one day when a clerical error is discovered that caused a number of souls to be sent to their wrong afterlife destination. Mort’s boss, wanting to sort this out as quickly and quietly as he can, sends Mort out into the rough terrain of the afterlife to track down the misplaced souls. Could this be the big break Mort is looking for?

Gameplay

It’s a retro 2D platformer. Yes, I know; another one…
Fluid, automatic grapple hook mechanics. You don’t need to worry about your aim, as the grapple hook automatically locks on to the nearest target
Different grapple hooks will imbue Mort with special abilities, including double jump and switches
Non-linear exploration. Explore Heaven and Hell at your own pace, looking for the misplaced souls.
Hand drawn comic book pages tell our young adventurer’s story
Amazing soundtrack by Jimmy Hinson, co-composer on Mass Effect 2, and composer for multiple indie game such as Pax 10 finalist, PuzzleJuice.
Planned level editor
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Consortium
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post March 5th, 2014, 2:16 pm

I'm liking the N / Meat Boy vibe I'm getting from this, and the music is pretty rad. Voting yes.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Return to Game Suggestions