Developer: Bitflip Games (@BitFlipGames)
DRM & Distribution: Online account, Desura, Steam Greenlight
Development Status: Beta
Note: You can try the beta out for free right now, or preorder the game for $20 to get the full set of cards and decks. The trailer below is also a little outdated, the game has improved visually since it was created.
Minion Master is a genre-busting game that mixes elements of tabletop games, real-time and turn based strategy games, and collectible card games. The game brings together the moment-to-moment tactics of collectible card games with the long-term strategy of miniature war gaming. Players battle with armies of figurines on a hex-based board. Minions are summoned and controlled using a custom built deck of cards. Inspired by physical RPG board and card games while simultaneously adding in elements that are only possible in a virtual world, Minion Master is slated for release on PC this fall followed by Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux next year.
- Key Features:
- 6 player co-op & versus multiplayer matches.
- 18 Minions available to control spread over two themed factions (Fantasy & Horror).
- Play on small or gigantic (30,000+) tile maps.
- Have hundreds of Minions on the board at a time.
- 150+ Cards available.
- Quick, 15 minute matches.
- Level Editor.
- Deck Builder (both in game and online).
Here's a link to the PAX announcement trailer below, if it doesn't play here.