Board index Community General Discussion Community IndieGameStand IRC (chat)

Community IndieGameStand IRC (chat)

Talk about anything!

Post September 1st, 2013, 3:01 am

Bronxsta wrote:
Hey, which is the best option (if there is one) for IRC chatting from an iPhone? I'm on my phone more than my computer so it would be easier for me

idk personally, but some of the mobile guys use this https://kiwiirc.com/

We're a tight community and we mainly chat about indie games. But, a little bit of everything.

Post September 1st, 2013, 3:09 am

PlayerReview wrote:
Bronxsta wrote:
Hey, which is the best option (if there is one) for IRC chatting from an iPhone? I'm on my phone more than my computer so it would be easier for me

We're a tight community and we mainly chat about indie games. But, a little bit of everything.

Nice, is there a specific channel name to use? New to this stuff
And great, I've had a passion for indies for years so I'd love to add to your chats. Btw the one dev I might be able to get in a chat is developing Malebolgia. He's a member on NeoGAF and we've chatted in the monthly Indie Games threads there.
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post September 1st, 2013, 3:11 am

Bronxsta wrote:
PlayerReview wrote:
Bronxsta wrote:

Nice, is there a specific channel name to use? New to this stuff
And great, I've had a passion for indies for years so I'd love to add to your chats. Btw the one dev I might be able to get in a chat is developing Malebolgia. He's a member on NeoGAF and we've chatted in the monthly Indie Games threads there.

the channel is #IndieGameStand
You can call yourself whatever you want.. we have no rules
BTW, i'm Player Review on Steam if you want to chat real time. Zorder and I can usually be found in IGS Steam chatroom as well as IRC. Zorder is in Portugal, so we cover different time zones.

Post September 1st, 2013, 8:28 am

Not sure if I did it properly, is anyone on the IRC chat right now?
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post September 1st, 2013, 8:30 am

Bronxsta wrote:

Currently there's about 8 people on the IRC chat.

Post September 1st, 2013, 9:18 am

Zorder wrote:
Bronxsta wrote:

Currently there's about 8 people on the IRC chat.

Huh, I don't know what's up with that mobile IRC (Kiwii). Will download PChat later, my bro has a football game so I'll afk for a few hours

Post September 1st, 2013, 9:26 am

Bronxsta wrote:
Huh, I don't know what's up with that mobile IRC (Kiwii). Will download PChat later, my bro has a football game so I'll afk for a few hours

KiwiIRC is a browser-based IRC client (and a very good one), it's not a mobile client; I think Player mixed up his stuff there.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post September 1st, 2013, 10:45 am

GnomeSlice wrote:
Bronxsta wrote:

KiwiIRC is a browser-based IRC client (and a very good one), it's not a mobile client; I think Player mixed up his stuff there.

So are there any IRC chats suited for mobile?

Post September 1st, 2013, 11:27 am

There is enough of IRC clients for Android, for example - https://play.google.com/store/search?q=irc&c=apps&hl=en

Post September 1st, 2013, 11:32 am

Toyotame wrote:
There is enough of IRC clients for Android, for example - https://play.google.com/store/search?q=irc&c=apps&hl=en

What about for IOS/iPhone?

Post September 1st, 2013, 11:38 am

Bronxsta wrote:
What about for IOS/iPhone?

There are, but all of the free ones I've tried have been pretty terrible. Just search IRC in the app store.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post September 1st, 2013, 8:38 pm

Ever since I installed PChat, Google Chrome and Steam have been crashing. I'm going to have to uninstall. What's the preferred browser IRC chat?

Edit: and now it won't let me uninstall the program.

Post September 1st, 2013, 8:42 pm

you can use kiwiirc: https://kiwiirc.com/client/
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    The Floor Is Jelly
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post September 2nd, 2013, 11:53 am

Bronxsta wrote:
Ever since I installed PChat, Google Chrome and Steam have been crashing. I'm going to have to uninstall. What's the preferred browser IRC chat?

Edit: and now it won't let me uninstall the program.

I prefer to use IRC support in my IM messenger, Pidgin.

Post December 16th, 2013, 1:33 am

We're all still in IRC.. it has been up for almost a year methinks. 16 or so users online now... All are welcome, so anyone can drop by anytime and talk about indie games and whatever else strikes their fancy.

Post February 22nd, 2014, 9:25 pm

Fun Fact: the IRC chat has a "resident game dev" in aayars, dev of Zigfrak. He is very friendly and always willing to talk when he's online :) JOIN ;)
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    The Floor Is Jelly
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post March 4th, 2014, 9:32 am

there is almost always someone in there.
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    The Floor Is Jelly
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post March 15th, 2014, 3:51 am

letsmaybeLP92 wrote:

There is ALWAYS someone there, and quite a few. Even at bizarre hours. My full-time job is as an analyst for Australia, so I work some interesting hours.

We had a certain developer, that will remain unnamed, connect today to get a small list of people for their Steam multiplayer beta. The benefits of IRC!

Post March 15th, 2014, 7:06 am

PlayerReview wrote:
letsmaybeLP92 wrote:

There is ALWAYS someone there, and quite a few. Even at bizarre hours. My full-time job is as an analyst for Australia, so I work some interesting hours.

We had a certain developer, that will remain unnamed, connect today to get a small list of people for their Steam multiplayer beta. The benefits of IRC!

oh, i am in 80 hours a week and i missed that :D. nm.

anyway, i wanted to say that there is always someone there, because we are spread across the globe, so what seems like bizarre hours for one is lazy afternoon for someone else.
steam acc: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074769015/
desura acc: http://www.desura.com/members/lurtzcz
cat in my avatar is called Wendy. (and it is male, "Wendy" sounds gender-neutral in Czech)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion