Board index Community General Discussion Greenlit games on IGS - do we get Steam keys?

Greenlit games on IGS - do we get Steam keys?

Talk about anything!

Post October 25th, 2013, 1:57 am

I was under the impression that we get Steam keys for any game that has been Greenlit on Steam that we've purchased via IndieGameStand (IGS). Can an IGS admin confirm or refute this for me. Thank you.

I was checking all of the games that have been entered into the Greenlight project that I have purchased since IGS started the 96 hour sales project last year; well, at least those that still show the Greenlight tag. (I presume the Greenlight tag is removed once a Steam key is linked to the IGS purchase). In my account there are 56 games that show the Greenlight tag in my IGS game wallet. I've purchased all but two of the IGS games since the 96 hour sales started; (I missed the first one which was free and a second one due to being on vacation). I've counted 52 games with Steam keys in my IGS wallet, though I'm not sure how many of these were originally Greenlit as they no longer show one of those tags that indicated they were on the Greenlight project. All of those that do show a Greenlight tag that have been Greenlit do not appear to have Steam keys available yet; also, all but one (Syder Arcade, which was released today) are still not available on Steam despite some of them having been Greenlit months ago. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could update me on where those games stand w.r.t being released? (Thanks)

The following games in my account have been Greenlit but have not yet been released (apart from the one I mention above i.e. Syder Arcade) nor have they been allocated Steam keys yet:

Fotonica
Syder Arcade
Gimbal
Zombies
McDroid
Bridge It
Recruits
Vox
Constant C
The Cat Lady
DinoRun SE
Real World Racing (purchased via the IGS shop)

I'm assuming that because they haven't yet been released on Steam is the reason we've not got Steam keys yet as I do recall (amazingly) that several of the games that were then added to Steam after being sold via IGS had keys allocated within several days of the games appearing on Steam. Will we eventually get Steam keys for the games I've listed above and any other game on the Greenlight project that is then Greenlit in the future?

I'm hoping to see (over the next few days) a Steam Key appear next to the Syder Arcade entry in my game wallet, but it would be nice if an IGS admin could confirm that we will eventually get Steam keys for the games I've listed above.

Part of the reason I ask is that I've already ended up purchasing several of the games via Steam despite having already purchased then via IGS (I prefer my games on the Steam client to any other client), Unfortunately I tend to forget which games I've purchased as I still purchase a lot of games via other outlets/clients (e.g. Steam, Origin {spits sideways as I mention Origin}, Desura, Reprogramming, GameFly and Gamersgate to mention a few)

Please excuse the long-winded post. I'm full of opiates (due to a broken back that's not healed properly) so find it hard to concentrate which causes me to waffle a little (or a lot) and is one of the reasons I tend to forget which games I've purchased. :roll:

Thanks in advance for any replies :D

It is up to the developers to supply Steam keys for their games when Greenlit. So far, every developer has uploaded Steam keys to my knowledge. Sometimes it takes a little while for them to get the keys to upload.

Not sure which ones promised keys already though... I would be willing to venture all of them. Every time a greenlight feature comes up the question is "will we get keys if greenlit". The developers on those threads usually come back and say "yes".

whiterabbit1956 wrote:
I've purchased all but two of the IGS games since the 96 hour sales started

Freaking impressive!

whiterabbit1956 wrote:
Fotonica
Syder Arcade
Gimbal
Zombies
McDroid
Bridge It
Recruits
Vox
Constant C
The Cat Lady
DinoRun SE
Real World Racing (purchased via the IGS shop)

I know following: no one yet received keys for Vox, C, Zombies, Syder Arcade and McDroid
For example, when Megabyte Punch started giving keys, both IGS and GreenLightBundle quickly got it. So it either developers slow, either keys not yet available.
Last edited by Toyotame on October 28th, 2013, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for your replies guys.

You are probably right about the dev's being slow. I've got enough un-played games on both my Desura and Steam games accounts to keep me going for years, so I can wait, lol.

('Unfortunately', I'm a games collector and find it hard not to buy games virtually every day. Stupidly I still have literally hundreds of un-played games on both the above mentioned accounts as well as others such as Gamersgate, GreenManGaming, GameFly and Origin that I've not got around to playing. I just love buying games of most genres (time management are the exception but even some of those I will buy e.g. the Farm Frenzy franchise)

Funny thing, but Syder Arcade keys was dispatched today for both IGS and GreenlightBundle

Hi, Vox developer here. I just wanted to quickly say that as soon as Vox is available on Steam you will get a Steam key in your IGS wallet.

The reason you don't have a key yet is because the game isn't actually released yet on Steam, even thought it is greenlit. :)

Cheers!

Return to General Discussion