Board index Gaming Gaming General When do games get updated builds?

When do games get updated builds?

Want to talk about games that aren't indie? Do we have the forum for you!

Post June 18th, 2013, 6:43 pm

I've noticed that now and then, certain games will get updated and we get emails about them, but I'm looking for the Syder Arcade most recent build in particular. I recently got a Moga controller for my android phone, and aparantly the latest of the game now supports the Moga. Do you guys know if Indiegamestand regularly updates the builds in our library(in this case the android), or would I have to rebuy the game through the play store?

Post June 18th, 2013, 7:19 pm

This particular game is in the play store for 1.99$, and it's "HD" so I'll just rebuy it there. I'm still curious how Indiegamestand handles updates, however.

Post June 18th, 2013, 7:28 pm

The updates and messages are pushed and sent by the developer. Most times the updates are always there, but the messages are not always sent. It is a nice feature of the site that the developers can do one or the other or both.

I'm not sure what version of Syder Arcade is in my wallet at the moment though. Gnomoria for example has been updated so many times it hurts, but we don't get messages (also, it is a relatively new function to the site, whereas updates have always happened).

If anything, I would recommend sending a PM to the dev through Desura or other means of communication.

Post June 18th, 2013, 7:31 pm

It depends on the developer. Some developers are never seen from again; I'm given to understand the Syder Arcade android files from when it was featured are quite a bit out of date.

The developers have the ability to update the game files here, but after a time it's understandable if many of them forget. Developers on the up-and-up though should (ideally) be updating their games here shortly after releasing updates in the Google play store.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post June 18th, 2013, 8:46 pm

Updates and email notifications are all self-service. Developers can choose when to update and if they want to send an email notification. We provide the tools, but it's up to the developer to stay in touch with their fans.

Post July 17th, 2013, 3:45 pm

Leethul wrote:
I'm looking for the Syder Arcade most recent build in particular. I recently got a Moga controller for my android phone, and aparantly the latest of the game now supports the Moga.

Developer has added this build to our wallets

Post July 17th, 2013, 5:47 pm

I'd like to see an option to send updates to IGS via dropbox links, and instead of having it rely on my horrible upload speed, have it rely on Dropbox's. This also applies to any direct link to the files from any service. That would certainly make updating way easier on my, and probably other developers' end, so it could really help with having games get updated here more often and in time.
Support Private Infiltrator on Steam Greenlight!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92924211.

I want all of your cameos.

Post December 24th, 2013, 8:08 pm

Professor Snake wrote:
I'd like to see an option to send updates to IGS via dropbox links, and instead of having it rely on my horrible upload speed, have it rely on Dropbox's. This also applies to any direct link to the files from any service. That would certainly make updating way easier on my, and probably other developers' end, so it could really help with having games get updated here more often and in time.

I think this would be a great option.

Most developers have to keep their games updated on multiple sites and platforms. Some of them already support sending a dropbox link.

The ability to upload a new build once and then email a couple sites the link would make it a lot easier to keep things here as up to date as possible.
Michael Hartman
Frogdice
Our Worlds, Your Imagination
http://www.frogdice.com

Return to Gaming General