Board index Gaming Indie Games (Indiegogo) Forward to the Sky - Anime art action adventure

(Indiegogo) Forward to the Sky - Anime art action adventure

Talk about all things indie gaming here

I really like the game and the progress you are making.
If you need ideas or advice i'm sure you can ask anything on this forum.
We have alot of devs in the community who watch the forums and only post once in a while if they feel like it.

My idea/suggestion is a bit hard I think, but i'm gonna ask it any way.
Can we change her outfit when you get later in the game?

Something like this valkyrie armour came to mind.

Wei wrote:
We have fix the GUI into a absolutely new one, it should look better now :D

I can't watch the video right now, but I really like that design for the HUD. Looks great!
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Wei User avatar

Phaerless wrote:
My idea/suggestion is a bit hard I think, but i'm gonna ask it any way.
Can we change her outfit when you get later in the game?

I think I'll continue to post until finished, this is a great forum.

Regarding the costume, we would love to do it, but I don't feel it is possible because it can took us a long time to make another ( just imagine the design, modeling and texture drawing ).
We'll think about it once things are mostly done ( so we got time to decide what to add ), maybe a new costume is going to be in the list ..... I guess ( ̄﹁ ̄)a

GnomeSlice wrote:

We got someone professional on that, she did it great! Glad you like it.

Wei User avatar

Recently we update a lot of things:
Logo design.

Art of scene is growing.
We plan to make the scene really look like a something, not just things putting together.
Starting from fixing current assets, once they are done, more are going to be added to grown the ruin.
You can see the comparison, significant difference.

Music is working on the right way.

And most of all, the gameplay ( stage design ) are getting better since we've introduced more traps and mechanisms.
The switch,

and the button!

We are planing to have 9 levels ( stages ), now is about 3 ready in the first round, and we are going to fix them in the 2nd round to make them more fun.

That’s what we got for now, if you got any idea, tell me and maybe we’ll put it into the game!

P.S. This is a cut of article from our website, Magichnology, sorry to cut it, but don't want to make it super long here!

Wei wrote:
Logo design.

That looks great!
Wei wrote:

The stuff on the right looks much better, more 'real' and believable.

Wei wrote:
That’s what we got for now, if you got any idea, tell me and maybe we’ll put it into the game!

Maybe add some curbing? tilled floor that just suddenly ends seems strange.
steam acc: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074769015/
desura acc: http://www.desura.com/members/lurtzcz
cat in my avatar is called Wendy. (and it is male, "Wendy" sounds gender-neutral in Czech)

Wei User avatar

Lurtz wrote:
Maybe add some curbing? tilled floor that just suddenly ends seems strange.

That make sense.
I think we'll do that when we start to add more things into the scene.

Wei User avatar

3 more weeks, more things are done and the progress is going well.

We’ve finally made something what we want it to be: a true ruin sky tower!

It is still under construction, but this shows the shape of great architecture in the sky. You are going to jump and bump in the 3 dimension maze, fight and figure out the puzzles.

And how this giant tower look like from far away?

This is the concept draw of home menu. You are going to see the button of tower when enter the menu, when you balloon up, a view of the tower from button to top is going to shown.

It seems things are doing fine, so next, what are we planning?

Yes, the BOSS ……

We think it is a good idea to drop some stages, and exchange the time to build BOSSs. After all, it is not important how many stages, but how fun the game presents.Considering the setting and style of Forward to the Sky, what we have in mind for now, there are not going to be character BOSS. Instead, something like a battleship or machine. However, there’s another thought we should make a character BOSS, but that’s a decision left to made.

If we eventually decide to build the BOSSs, we are going to have to look for financial support. The BOSS art is going to cost something more than we affordable now.

Also, as some people has been asking – yes, the skeletons are made by bitgem3d. It is the only thing not made by us. We bought it because it fit our art style well and we can save the time and budget for something else.

So … How do you think? Is it a good idea we make BOSS for the game, or should we just keep on working within our budget? Would you support us if we are going to make BOSS, or you think it is a bad idea?

Wei User avatar

New Princess action animations, together with a new gameplay demo video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8uQau7SbN4

Apupu has done great job on animation, many actions are added. Princess had no action when driving balloon before, but now, she got a exciting look.

Another new action, push, push!

This action has been implementing for a while, and was done recently. We want to design it as a medium to solve puzzles.

And the combo skill!

A game design changed in this month. The skill, you are not going to learn it anymore, all of them can be used starting from the first stage. Not only that, we've also added different attack/behavior to the skeletons. Now skeleton can interrupt Princess action, so she got to have more combos and fight the skeleton!

It is fun seeing this come together. Keep sharing please.

Wei User avatar

Forward to the Sky indiegogo campaign launches, link to campaign page

We decided to run an funding campaign to help the rest of art and looking forward for you to join us. Please support us and spread the message if you like this game, just one click and share! Show the page to your friends, they might be interest in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaRX3L_4Q-4

The trailer video ( included in the campaign page ) explains the game better than a thousand words! There are not only combat and fighting in the game, puzzle solving and action gameplay takes even bigger parts!

The campaign is going to run for only 3 weeks. I can't mentally afford to make it any longer because I got a day job, its going to cause a big problem. I hope it will be success!

And last, some more recent updates :D

Post April 21st, 2014, 2:53 pm

Good luck with the campaign!

Wei User avatar

Thank you, please help us spread the word as well ;D I hope it will be success!

Previous

Return to Indie Games