Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Doom and Destiny [Mar 9th-12th]

Doom and Destiny [Mar 9th-12th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post March 9th, 2013, 1:03 pm

Doom & Destiny is an old-school RPG
with tons of attitude, adventure and comedy!
Nerds storm fantasy and it’s EPIC!

Help Nigel, Mike, Johnny and Francis, four nerdy friends, to fight their way through the funniest quest they ever had!
Trapped in a fantasy world and mistaken for Heroes, those four nerds will have to deal with long journeys, hundreds of enemies, villains, super villains and even an Unnamed super villain!
Will they be destined to become real Heroes?
Will they manage to return home?
Will they manage to find a good Pizza restaurant in this weird fantasy world?

[/i]More than 25 hours of gameplay, huge party customization, over 500 items, between potions, weapons, armour and accessories, over 200 special Powers and attacks to defeat over 300 enemies, an immersive and rich world, with tons of locations, cities, dungeons, secrets and challenges, Doom & Destiny is a must for every old-school rpg lover and video game fan!

+++BEAT THE AVERAGE TO GET THE HEARBIT BUNDLE+++

+ Miner Warfare, the frantic 2D action local multiplayer mining extravaganza that might destroy friendship;
+ Spyleaks, the tribute to old-school puzzle games, challenging, with a great retro graphic and chiptune music;
+ Spyleaks Original Soundtrack, 17 songs of pure retro chiptune bliss by Davide C.

+++BE THE TOP CONTRIBUTOR+++

+Exclusive IGS limited boxed copy of Doom & Destiny, Miner Warfare and Spyleaks;
+STICKERS! of all our games;
+Doom & Destiny Map and Control Sheet;
+Our LOVE!
[/i]
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post March 9th, 2013, 4:45 pm

the first hour of playing this was full of me continuously laughing out loud at the gaming references and [im not sure if it's intentional] bad grammar/engrish. "I'm bi-winning" had become a new catchphrase for me. ♥ this game.
Know all of your enemies
We know who all of our enemies are
steam : twitch : desura
Way to plant, Ann!

Post March 9th, 2013, 5:17 pm

So far i'm disappointed by the bugs. Not to mention download was very slow for me (25kb/sec) and failed a number of times. Not until i started a download manager with resume download support i was able to fish in the whole file. Firefox own resume download failed with a "not logged in" message on retry.
Also, MinerWarfare steals mouse focus, even when minimized and disallow tab usage. On top of that, when i start the game i get a brown screen. I spend 20 minutes figuring out how to kill a application after minimizing it (dont ask how i did that), when your escape and tab are disabled. I couldn't even navigate the task manager.

Second try i was smart enough to hit alt+f4 to kill MinerWarfare.

Doom and Destiny itself looks cool so far, walked trough about 3 screens, but the story looks promising. I did noticed the entire screen goes black when you load the game, only objects and the players are still visible (makes it easy to sport intractable object btw :P)

Post March 9th, 2013, 7:00 pm

Sorry that you had problems initially Dorus, our servers are usually quite fast without any problems.

Glad you got everything working though, Doom + Destiny is worth it.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post March 10th, 2013, 12:31 am

cst003 wrote:
the first hour of playing this was full of me continuously laughing out loud at the gaming references and [im not sure if it's intentional] bad grammar/engrish. "I'm bi-winning" had become a new catchphrase for me. ♥ this game.

Yeah, I'm having fun but the game would definitely benefit from an editor.

Post March 10th, 2013, 7:28 am

canj wrote:
Sorry that you had problems initially Dorus, our servers are usually quite fast without any problems.

Glad you got everything working though, Doom + Destiny is worth it.

Oh i love it so far. Certainly worth the $4 i spend :)

Post March 10th, 2013, 5:30 pm

Not so happy about Xna based RPG (why they all looks THAT similar) but oh well...looks funny, and generous enough - 3 games pack if BTA

Post March 10th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Are the beat-the-average games offered with Desura keys as well? It doesn't seem to specify.

EDIT: For anyone else who is wondering, all three games come with Desura keys.

I also already own Miner Warfare, so I've posted my new key for it on the IGS Desura forums under 'free key giveaways'. First come first serve!
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post March 10th, 2013, 10:08 pm

Toyotame wrote:
Xna based RPG

per dev: "the graphic assets are from RPG maker, but the game is made with XNA. that's how we released it on xbox and windows phone :)"

but, yeah, you're right that it is xna - i just thought i would post this for anyone curious about the engine

Post March 11th, 2013, 5:30 pm

Ok, tried it...well, right now its pretty funny game. Fights is on moderate level, and plot is interesting enough, Humor is somehow flat to me, bot still ok.

UPD. Ok, its really worth it. Well done, this game is close to be great.

Post December 12th, 2013, 5:59 pm

Just for linux folks who not noticed - "kind of linux" port was added on Desura for this game (not present on IGS). Its very "sort of" port, because its need mono runtime with bunch of additional packages, but its work

Return to Featured Game Deals