Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals P3 - Biotic [Feb 25th-29th]

P3 - Biotic [Feb 25th-29th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post February 25th, 2013, 11:50 am

P3 - Biotic

P-3 Biotic is an intense twin-stick shooter featuring advanced real-time lighting and gorgeous particle effects. Pilot the MK4s nano-ship inside a petri dish against 14 waves of infectious bacteria as they attempt to destroy the Nucleus, a bio-engineered organism growing at the center of the dish. Use mines and weapon power ups to defeat increasingly tough bacteria, and collect energy dropped by vanquished enemies to keep the Nucleus healthy. Or walk a finer line and use the energy stored in the Nucleus to charge up your weapons, turn your whole ship into a bullet, or unleash a devastating shockwave to wipe out all bacteria. The choice is yours, but the Nucleus must survive.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post February 25th, 2013, 4:15 pm

Ok, tried it.
Almost impossible to control without gamepad. Looks like shit on non widescreen displays(it seem developers this days dont even know that not all like widescreen). And nothing special in all other...

Post February 26th, 2013, 12:45 pm

My reactions to the game were similar to Toyotame's, if maybe not quite as negative.

The aspect ratio on non-widescreen monitors does look pretty bad. I run at 1280x1024 on a CRT. That makes the game look like one of those old spaghetti western movies where they un-letterboxed it by just stretching the image vertically.

There were also some graphic glitches in the background on the title screen when running full screen 1280x1024. These were not present in the actual game though so they're not a big deal.

Movement with WASD with mouse shooting is tolerable. Wiggleing the mouse a bit to get a wider shot spread seems to work well. The game doesn't appear to have controller support at all, or at least I didn't see any option for a controller. I suppose something like Joy2key could be used with this game, but I have not tried it.

I would like an option to disable the online leader board and have local high scores only. One of the high scores is for a user named "FUCK ANDREA". I really don't need my 10 year old seeing that. I'm not sure who Andrea is, but I'm sure he/she is a lovely person.

So, not a horrible game. But to be honest if you want this sort of gameplay check out the game Waves which was in one of the Indie Royale bundles and does this sort of thing much better.

Post February 26th, 2013, 1:17 pm

It's definitely a pretty game. I've been running into an issue where if I go left then stop, if I try to go right I end up going left for a second before turning around. It's killed me more than once...anyone else get that?

Post February 26th, 2013, 1:57 pm

It seems that this game Joypad detection code is pretty awful. Mine was not detected at all.

Post February 26th, 2013, 3:09 pm

oogla wrote:
The game doesn't appear to have controller support at all, or at least I didn't see any option for a controller. I suppose something like Joy2key could be used with this game, but I have not tried it.

I am enjoying the game but was curious about this as well, since my controller isn't recognized and I don't see a way to enable it.

All the sites, like RPS, call it a "twin-stick shooter" and say a controller is a must... maybe it is just my 3rd party xbox controller that isn't recognized? It seems like it would be much more fun w/ my controller. I usually don't like to setup j2k so i will just stick to mouse/keyboard. Anyone know how to turn on controller support otherwise?

BTW, i'm ranked #23 in P-3 // Yessik is ranked #3.

Post February 27th, 2013, 8:39 am

My controller works great - but it's a legit XBox controller with the Microsoft PC adapter.

Post February 27th, 2013, 8:41 am

Same here, but there is no where to select it or chose it as a controller, it just works

Post February 28th, 2013, 9:37 am

Not in my case, unfortunately. Just no reaction at all. Probably will be asking for refund again.

Post February 28th, 2013, 11:16 am

Syder Arcade set the shmup bar REALLY high here as far as IGS games go.

Post September 26th, 2013, 2:15 pm

Just bought this game here https://indiegamestand.com/store/103/p-3-biotic/ since I wasn't on IGS yet when this game was featured.

Post October 2nd, 2013, 12:04 am

I've had this on my list for a while but can't even get the demo to run for this game.

The dev seems to be completely out of the picture and unresponsive as this exact problem has been
reported by people for at least a year now from what I could find online. All that without a single response
as far as I can tell.

I was about to 'splash out' on an impulse buy here but seeing the level of support, I'm not even bothering.

Return to Featured Game Deals