Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Siege of Turtle Enclave

Siege of Turtle Enclave

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post May 31st, 2014, 9:06 am

Siege of Turtle Enclave is a turn based strategy war game with real time battles, it's set in a vibrant and inviting fantasy world where the last remnant of a nation of turtles valiantly makes a stand against the ravaging hordes of corrupt owls which have wrested away most of the turtle's homeland.

Over the course of the game players will research technologies, build up their settlement, train armies, and fight their way across the map in an attempt to overthrow the enemy warlord in his keep. Along the way, players will find goodie huts, collect resources from the map, and recruit powerful heroes to fight alongside their armies.

Each play-through will be different, as the campaign map is randomly generated at the start of each new game, adding to the game's replay value.

NOTE: Special Edition is not available on Desura!
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post May 31st, 2014, 4:52 pm

This game is a little overwhelming at first, but once you figure out how the enclave works, and what you need to do to get up and running, it's pretty neat. I'm awful at it, but I survived for quite a number of turns one time, and got a pretty substantial town running. As with many one-man indies, it could benefit from some more polish, but it's easily worth the current price of next-to-nothing.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post June 1st, 2014, 6:32 pm

Hey thanks for the feedback Gnomeslice! You've been really awesome since I got here :) is there any area of the game that stands out to you as needing more polish? Or is it just a general vibe you can't really put your finger on? Anything you could mention will help me make the next update better, (and I'll personally appreciate it as well ;) )

Post June 1st, 2014, 7:00 pm

Heftig wrote:
Hey thanks for the feedback Gnomeslice! You've been really awesome since I got here :) is there any area of the game that stands out to you as needing more polish? Or is it just a general vibe you can't really put your finger on? Anything you could mention will help me make the next update better, (and I'll personally appreciate it as well ;) )

Mostly just an overall feel. Like I said though, for a one-man game studio that's not something you should really worry too much about. Streamlining your interface a bit could help, but I don't think I could offer you any advice on that. If I had to pick a specific area, combat seems a little flat to me; the animations could have a little more force, combined with stronger sound design.

Only since you asked though. I still like your game! :D
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post June 2nd, 2014, 1:03 pm

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Your comments will be invaluable while I'm tinkering with the next update. The Interface was/is really a challenge for me, though I understand even major studios grapple with it, I'll do my best though! Just thinking about sprucing up the battles for a couple hours has a couple screwy ideas bouncing around in my head, should be interesting.

Much obliged! :D

Post June 4th, 2014, 3:21 pm

OH MY!

A game with tortoise protagonists AND cell shaded. Im glad I got woken up in the AM to buy it last second. Sadly I have to wait till the wee hours in the morning to get a chance to try it out.

ITMT,
I got bumped down to third before the buzzer, so I am wondering how does one go about getting a "go for the crown" IGS t shirt? when you do finish in top 3?

Post June 8th, 2014, 11:43 am

I am an idiot who missed it...

Post June 9th, 2014, 8:17 am

viroodiem wrote:
I got bumped down to third before the buzzer, so I am wondering how does one go about getting a "go for the crown" IGS t shirt? when you do finish in top 3?

They will send you a PM asking your address and size preference, otherwise, you could PM mgnade and give him that information and they'll make arrangements to get you your t-shirt. I still wear my t-shirt once every couple weeks. It is very worth the price of admission.

Post June 9th, 2014, 10:58 am

We get a little backed up with the shirts, you'll get an email from us this week with address/info.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Return to Featured Game Deals