Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals 1849 [Apr 9th-12th]

1849 [Apr 9th-12th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post April 9th, 2014, 12:05 am

Due to popular demand.....1849 is up for a feature! The game was recently greenlit and you will receive a steam key if paying more than $1 when they become available.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post April 9th, 2014, 12:12 am

Somebody got overexcited and forgot to include the description. :)

The year is 1849, and gold has just been discovered in California. You decide to head out west, to seek fame and wealth in the approaching Gold Rush. Will you strike gold and become an overnight mining magnate? Or will you build your fortune bit by bit by supplying 49ers with pickaxes and blue jeans?

1849 is a city management game set during the California Gold Rush. Your task is to build towns, populate them with workers, and make sure that they are housed, fed, and entertained. You’ll have to manage and coordinate extensive production and trade networks to make sure your towns thrive.

This Early Access build of 1849 is only available for PC and Mac desktops, but it will be available for iPad and Android tablets at launch.

By purchasing this Early Access version today, here's what you'll get:
  • Access to the current version of the game and to continuous updates. We'll be adding new scenarios, new content and refining gameplay in the coming months leading up to launch. Early Access gets you the updated content as soon as it's available.
  • Input into game as we prepare 1849 for release in May. Tell us what you'd like us to change and what you think would be neat to include.
  • Once the game is completed, a final version of the game plus keys for other retail channels where 1849 might be available (Steam, Desura, etc.).
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post April 9th, 2014, 12:26 am

Do have a question you guys might be able to clear up. BTA suggests an android demo.. If you BTA, try to find out of that android demo will get upgraded to their android release when it is properly released given the demo is described as being limited time till may.

Post April 9th, 2014, 3:03 am

Will i get future updates if i buy the game under $1?

Post April 9th, 2014, 8:27 am

Emre wrote:
Will i get future updates if i buy the game under $1?

Yes! :D
By purchasing this Early Access version today, here's what you'll get:
  • Access to the current version of the game and to continuous updates. We'll be adding new scenarios, new content and refining gameplay in the coming months leading up to launch. Early Access gets you the updated content as soon as it's available.
  • Once the game is completed, a final version of the game plus keys for other retail channels where 1849 might be available (Steam, Desura, etc.).

Post April 9th, 2014, 11:02 am

canj wrote:

Do to popular demand.....1849 is up for a feature! The game was recently greenlit and you will receive a steam key if paying more than $1 when they become available.

Got to be a massive pedant and point out that "do to popular demand" makes no sense. It's "due"!

Post April 9th, 2014, 12:10 pm

I'm so hyped for this game, I hope the devs will also expand it and make it perfect!

Post April 9th, 2014, 2:20 pm

viroodiem wrote:
Do have a question you guys might be able to clear up. BTA suggests an android demo.. If you BTA, try to find out of that android demo will get upgraded to their android release when it is properly released given the demo is described as being limited time till may.

I have this question too.
Are we going to get the android full version after the may's demo is expired and they release it?

This game looks great, but even greater into a mobile device, there're not many sim/managerial games out there for android..
I'd be certainly beating the average if they will ensure us the final android version of the game!

Post April 9th, 2014, 2:38 pm

It says right on the page:
This Early Access build of 1849 is only available for PC and Mac desktops, but it will be available for iPad and Android tablets at launch.

Post April 9th, 2014, 2:39 pm

Sinovera wrote:
It says right on the page:

as dev said, we are not getting the versions for iPad or Android. :(
Last edited by letsmaybeLP92 on April 9th, 2014, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Consortium
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post April 9th, 2014, 2:51 pm

Hi All -

We just wanted to clear up some of the questions about our Android demo, and whether a full tablet version will be available at launch.

This PWYW deal includes a PC + Mac build, which will be updated regularly, and will include Steam keys once those are available.

The Android demo is just an experimental build that we wanted to share with our community, but it's not a full game, and will not be upgraded to a full version.

Post April 9th, 2014, 5:04 pm

letsmaybeLP92 wrote:
hmmm so that means we will see iOS and Android downloads added to our game wallets ??

iOS games can't be downloaded as standalone files; apple only allows them to be installed through the app store.

Post April 9th, 2014, 6:11 pm

Can someone correct me or confirm- this game is more like sim city than gnomoria/towns, right? Just trying to make up my own mind... From the movies i got a feeling its more like sim city/settlers in western times than the gnomoria but wanted to make sure if i am not missing something.

Post April 10th, 2014, 2:01 am

pysiu wrote:
Can someone correct me or confirm- this game is more like sim city than gnomoria/towns, right? Just trying to make up my own mind... From the movies i got a feeling its more like sim city/settlers in western times than the gnomoria but wanted to make sure if i am not missing something.

I got a settlers vibe from watching Canj LP it on the Twitch stream.

Post April 10th, 2014, 11:26 am

Hey,
I really want to buy this game (with Android demo bonus if possible), but I can't have 2$... :/
May someone send me 2$ to Corentin-58@live.fr on PayPal ? That would really be nice ! I'm following this game for a moment and I don't want to miss it.
Thanks. :geek:
Are you ready...?

Post April 10th, 2014, 1:02 pm

matt_v wrote:
Hi All -

We just wanted to clear up some of the questions about our Android demo, and whether a full tablet version will be available at launch.

This PWYW deal includes a PC + Mac build, which will be updated regularly, and will include Steam keys once those are available.

The Android demo is just an experimental build that we wanted to share with our community, but it's not a full game, and will not be upgraded to a full version.

Hi, thank you to have cleared this point.
I'll buy the game and maybe the demo.. I'm possibly interested into buying the android full version (for both tablet and smartphone) whenever it's out... how much will it cost?

Post April 10th, 2014, 2:04 pm

Pricing for moblie (like the mobile version itself) is still in flux. We're trying to figure that out soon. We'll share that here as soon as we know. :)

Post April 10th, 2014, 9:51 pm

matt_v wrote:
Pricing for moblie (like the mobile version itself) is still in flux. We're trying to figure that out soon. We'll share that here as soon as we know. :)

As someone without a credit card who can't buy directly from Google Play, I hope you will consider including the full Android game as a bonus on IndieGameStand at some point in the future. :D

Post April 11th, 2014, 10:36 am

matt_v wrote:

Thank you, I'll be waiting for news. :)

Return to Featured Game Deals