Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Shelter [Feb 28th-Mar 3rd]

Shelter [Feb 28th-Mar 3rd]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post February 28th, 2014, 1:09 am

Experience the wild as a mother badger sheltering her cubs from harm. On their journey they get stalked by a bird of prey, encounter perils of the night, river rapids crossings, big forest fires and the looming threat of death by starvation.

Food is to be found, but is there enough for everyone? You will learn that the cubs need food not just to survive, but to enable them overcome the varying challenges they will face as they make their way through the world.

Are you ready for a truly different adventure, something that might evoke feelings you've never felt in a game before? In the wild, all living creatures are put to the test. The question in the end is who will survive to live another day?

Retro Family have once again composed a beautiful soundtrack to an original and graphically innovative setting in a world of nature where shelter is your only hope and survival your only goal.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post February 28th, 2014, 10:00 am

This game is what indie games are all about (for me). Totally breaks the mold of what a traditional game should be about, look like, or play like. It's certainly not for everyone, but everyone should still play it. Such a beautiful, artistic gem. I enjoyed this game immensely.

Pid is a great bonus too. This sale is going to rocket to the top.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post February 28th, 2014, 11:47 am

I too love the idea of the game. I first bought it in a groupees bundle I think and recently repurchased for GOG. Im going to throw a donation here too because the concept is so great it needs support.

Honestly my only problem with the game was I was never (at least with the groupees copy) able to make it outside of the very first room. I havent yet attempted it from a GOG install. But that is a failing on my end im sure as I never could find any support documents online suggesting others had the same trouble.,

Pid is certainly one of the most appealing BTAs Ive seen on IGS in a while. If it had not been for getting it back when IGS featured it w/ GOG key It would certainly be worth picking up just for that.

Interesting thing was learning that it was the same group made both titles. If just from a visual and style standpoint they are so distinct from each other. Like seeing developers who would willingly be experimental, rather than some devs who are OK with "We only make shooters & shooter variants"

-Side note: The "childrens storybook" that goes along with Shelter, I actually read to my niece & Nephews. We live in a hunting culture so it served as an interesting lesson on what life is.

Post February 28th, 2014, 12:15 pm

Just wondering, is the GOG key not going to be included in this sale?
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Consortium
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post March 1st, 2014, 1:03 pm

viroodiem wrote:
Honestly my only problem with the game was I was never (at least with the groupees copy) able to make it outside of the very first room. I havent yet attempted it from a GOG install. But that is a failing on my end im sure as I never could find any support documents online suggesting others had the same trouble.

I dont know if you're still stuck in the beginning room, but I managed to be stuck there forever until I realized that you have to feed to "dying" pup the vegetable in order to begin the story.. Hopefully you're not still stuck, but if you were, hopefully that opens up the game for you. :D

Also, anyone know how is the soundtrack? I've tried looking around on youtube and google, but all I can find is the music from Pid..
Know all of your enemies
We know who all of our enemies are
steam : twitch : desura
Way to plant, Ann!

Post March 5th, 2014, 7:08 pm

cst003 wrote:

I dont know if you're still stuck in the beginning room, but I managed to be stuck there forever until I realized that you have to feed to "dying" pup the vegetable in order to begin the story.. Hopefully you're not still stuck, but if you were, hopefully that opens up the game for you. :D

Thank you.

I went back and compared the groupees install vs the gog install on the same PC. It was a glitch because in the groupees install there was no vegetable. Took it a step further and installed from the same install file from groupees and SD transfered to my HTPC and on it the vegatable was there. So it was just a glitch.

Ive yet to actually play it beyond exiting the burrow. Got sidetracked first with class work and then again by Consortium.

None the less. Do appreciate the suggestion. If nothing else it gave me the motivation to at least go test it out to find out what the problem was.

Post March 31st, 2014, 8:56 am
fco

does anybody have the tracklist for the shelter bonus soundtrack?

Return to Featured Game Deals