Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals The PixelJam Trilogy [Sep 21st-24th]

The PixelJam Trilogy [Sep 21st-24th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post September 21st, 2013, 9:28 am

All games are for MAC (10.6+), PC (XP/7/8/Vista), and LINUX.

Potatoman Seeks the Troof:
Potatoman Seeks the Troof is a short-form, story-driven, surreal and challenging adventure for Mac, PC and Linux. In a world where the Troof is always out of grasp, Potatoman quests through the riddle. Across desert wastelands, thick forests, and dystopian cities, nothing is what it seems. With only his wits, his jump, and a question, Potatoman must die a thousand deaths to find the ultimate answer!

Bitku Beta:
Make your own pixely masterpiece (or comic) with this fun and original creation toy. Please note this is a browser-based app.

Planeteri:
Planeteri is a collection of deep ambient music by Miles Tilmann, with a unique lo-fi visualization for each track. Sort of like a digital lava lamp. Did that make it sound lame? Forget we said that. It's mellow, beautiful and also kind of neat. It will ALSO visualize any music you place into the "audio" folder. Co-created by Fernando Ramallo. (Please note that the visualizer app is not yet working for Linux).
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post September 21st, 2013, 10:24 am

will we get steam keys for dinorun SE? it was greenlit awhile back

Post September 21st, 2013, 10:55 am

More importantly, why no Desura keys for all the games that are on Desura?

Post September 21st, 2013, 11:18 am

SirPrimalform wrote:
More importantly, why no Desura keys for all the games that are on Desura?

I... didn't realize that when I bought it just now. Whoops.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post September 21st, 2013, 12:01 pm

We'll reach out to the devs, but as usual it is up to them which keys they can get in there. I can't confirm this, but lately Desura has been problematic for many developers.

More important of a question:

Why are you still using Desura!? :lol:
Matt "Canj"

Post September 21st, 2013, 1:07 pm

canj wrote:
We'll reach out to the devs, but as usual it is up to them which keys they can get in there. I can't confirm this, but lately Desura has been problematic for many developers.

More important of a question:

Well, somehow i feel they will not give ouw keys, cause Potatoman once was on TheGreenlightBundle and while ALL other developers given out keys once they was released on Desura, Potatoman was only one which developers ignored key request totally.
There is at least 2 games on Desura - http://www.desura.com/members/pixeljam/development Potatoman and Dino Run Se

As for question - 1) because i freaking hate DRM. 2) desura started showing signs of improving since was purchased by Linden. 3) More platforms, more concurrency.

Post September 21st, 2013, 1:16 pm

canj wrote:

Because it's just easier to keep track of all my non-Steam indie games in one place that also lets me know when there are updates and will install them for me.

I have 379 games on there right now. A few I bought direct but the vast majority came from indie bundle/deal sites like this one and numerous others.

These sites encourage people to accumulate large collections over time with amazing deals but there's just no way I'd be able to keep track of all those games from many different sources if I didn't have Steam or Desura to keep track of them all.

The reality is that DRM free direct downloads tend to get forgotten by me. Out of sight, out of mind. The rare times I think about one then I have to try to remember where I got it from and then see if there are updates etc. It just becomes a pain so I avoid direct download deals unless it's a game I really want badly where there's no other option and I know I will definitely play it right away.

Post September 21st, 2013, 1:21 pm

Motoki wrote:
The reality is that DRM free direct downloads tend to get forgotten by me. Out of sight, out of mind. The rare times I think about one then I have to try to remember where I got it from and then see if there are updates etc. It just becomes a pain so I avoid direct download deals unless it's a game I really want badly where there's no other option and I know I will definitely play it right away.

I'm with you on this. However, I think we should turn the discussion back to the feature. =]

Post September 21st, 2013, 1:25 pm

After some thinking i decided, that if developers will not come out and give keys, as they morally should, i probably will cancel purchase.
Not because its bad games or something, because its not first time they cheat this way. At least i will try.

Post September 21st, 2013, 1:59 pm

Well, I'm in the camp that doesn't particularly care about Desura keys. I use Desura some, but mostly I really just like my DRM-free downloads. Desura actually makes it kinda hard to find the direct download page, but that's neither here nor there...

I can vouch for PixelJam making genuinely fun games. Dino Run SE is a real gem, and I have (inadvertently) bought it several times.

I do have one caution: Dino Run SE is Flash-based and doesn't like to save on my system. This means every time I boot it up, all of my progress is reset. PixelJam mentions in their README that it could be a "cleaner" program clearing the save file, but I have been unable to find the source of the problem and I'm unwilling to open up security exclusions for Flash *shudders*. I don't know if PixelJam's other games have the same problem. Perhaps if Dino Run SE was ported to Air, we wouldn't be having a problem.

Post September 21st, 2013, 2:07 pm

dinre wrote:
Desura actually makes it kinda hard to find the direct download page, but that's neither here nor there...

If you own the game, just go to the game's page in your browser. For example: http://www.desura.com/games/out-there-somewhere

Then on the right you can see your direct downloads.

Post September 21st, 2013, 2:16 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
dinre wrote:
Desura actually makes it kinda hard to find the direct download page, but that's neither here nor there...

If you own the game, just go to the game's page in your browser. For example: http://www.desura.com/games/out-there-somewhere

Then on the right you can see your direct downloads.]

As GnomeSlice points out, the direct downloads ARE there, but it's nowhere near as convenient as the HumbleBundle or IGS download pages. When you own a lot of games, navigating to each store page to get the download becomes a bit cumbersome. I have nothing bad to say about Desura; I just prefer a direct downloads page.

Post September 21st, 2013, 3:37 pm

How about this link then? http://www.desura.com/collection
Just click on Download near wanted game and small pop-up will appear with links to actual files.
There is only one difference with HumbleLib - no gameicons. On other side, HumbleLib gone that big for me. so its already hard to find certain game, while you have sorting and search in Desura Collection.

Post September 21st, 2013, 5:32 pm

Toyotame wrote:
After some thinking i decided, that if developers will not come out and give keys, as they morally should, i probably will cancel purchase.
Not because its bad games or something, because its not first time they cheat this way. At least i will try.

We're not going to get into a moral discussion on this thread about the developers providing keys, DRM discussions, or any other nonsense provoked by this.

Please make a new thread on anything regarding DRM (which is entirely irrelevant in this title, as you get the applications), or you want to express the moral obligations of developers.

We contacted the developers, if they can provide additional Desura keys, I am sure they will :mrgreen:

Keep this discussion on the game!
Matt "Canj"

Post September 21st, 2013, 5:47 pm

Let me notice, that its you one who started Desura question :) Peoples here not taking such things as jokes :)

As for games...gonna try today some, potatoman at least (looks its easiest to get running), will share my opinions later.

Post September 21st, 2013, 10:33 pm

Urk, I didn't mean to start all of this!

Post September 21st, 2013, 10:41 pm

Too bad the community can't handle some humor every now and then. On a related note, here is a link for the DinoRun demo. http://www.pixeljam.com/dinorun/

SirPrimalform wrote:
Urk, I didn't mean to start all of this!

It doesn't take much to set some people off my friend. You brought up a legitimate question and I thank you for it.

Post September 22nd, 2013, 5:43 pm

Uploaded Dino Run SE and Potatoman desura keys!
Matt "Canj"

Post September 22nd, 2013, 5:50 pm

canj wrote:
Uploaded Dino Run SE and Potatoman desura keys!

Impressive.
EDIT: So far is see DinoRun Key. Potatoman is not showing, maybe because Potatoman is included in "bundle"?
Last edited by Toyotame on September 22nd, 2013, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post September 22nd, 2013, 5:54 pm

A note of the PixelJam Treat List: PixelJam needs user emails in order to enable this on their site so you can get the freebies. We will send them a spreadsheet at the close of their sale so that they can setup up Treat List memberships to everyone who beats the average.

Next

Return to Featured Game Deals